How routine led are too?

catty

Reaction score
Just curious to see what others are like.
I thought I was easy going but I actually don't think I am.
My son has a nap at 9.30 everyday and if he isn't asleep by 10 I get a little stressed.
He is always asleep by 8 and since we started the bedtime routine and it's working for us I like to do it every night.
I'm not to ott though if we're out visiting he won't have his nighttime bath and can be a little late for bed.

Looking into it more at the baby class we go to i always sit in the same area and when I used to get the bus I sat on the exact same seat everyday... I really must be a creature if habit!!

I like him to take a midday nap at some point, though he goes down any time between 11 and 2. Bed time at 7. These vary if we're out/busy. I guess he eats at similar times and he has his stories before bed and naps.

Not really routine led at all... not even when they were tiny - obviously school and things necessitates certain degrees of routine like bed time is set during term time but when we're on school hols not at all :lol: I'm not a routine led person so neither are the kids. We like to do things like go to friends, go to festivals etc so it's really easier to be easy going :thumbup:

I didn't used to be, but after struggling with bedtimes for ages now I make sure that LO wakes at 7.30am each day and takes a nap around 12 or 1pm and then bedtime at 8.30pm. It makes life so much easier and simple when I know where I am with things.
But apart for that I don't really mind much about having a routine. :thumbup:

I like things to be how they 'should' be (in my eyes).

I have my own way of doing things and get stressed and agitated if they are not done how I like them. Silly things like what the kids have for breakfast, what we do in the mornings etc. I like to choose my kids close and never let somebody else do it, they 'should' be looking how I like them. I'm definitely led by my own beliefs on how things should be done.

I'm definitely a bit of a control freak, absolutely.

This is an autism household - the routines are ridiculous! :rofl: Everything has to be done in the same order, same way. It's the norm now

With Lucas I'm a bit more so since he started school. Before that, and especially before I went back to work, we'd go to bed at all hours and wake up midday, didn't have any set mealtimes, nap whenever.
It was okay when he was small but now we need a little structure. He goes to sleep around 7pm, wakes at at 7/7.30am, we eat meals together at normal times etc.
Sometimes it still flies out the window, I can't count how many mornings he's eaten breakfast in a half run to school :lol:

I'm a creature of habit though, I have my seat on the bus (different depending on day), if I'm making a cup of tea for someone else my cup has to go to the right of theirs (if it's more than one person the cups go in order of age), if I'm walking with someone they have to be on my right side, when I use the computer I keep all my tabs in a certain order. Feeling like a bad meff now tbh :lol:

Im not strictand hate being restricted by naps. If I wsnt to go out I just get on with it nap time or not. She sleeps wherever if she needs too which im pleased about. I dont have set nsp times but she always has a nap regardless of where we are. Bedtimes I do bath/story/bed but again this is any time between 6-8 depending on what we are doing. Usually est dinner about 5pm but varies too. My son has autism but he is not fussed with routine.

Before I had the kids I had no routine! Well I guess I did when I worked full time as I had to make sure I wasn't late for work etc. But at uni id go out any night of the week didn't have to be planned, randomly shove something on no plan to it. Sometimes id get in at 4 and have to leave for uni at 7 then I had bar jobs, cleaning jobs etc and there was absolutely no routine. I'd book holidays last minute and just do whatever the hell I pleased. How that has changed I'm even trying to arrange myself a cleaning routine so it all gets done, I'm constantly writing lists and being very well...routiney

There's some things i like done in a certain way, but then I'm quite relaxed too. I think I'm just in the middle really. The kids have set bedtimes, but nap times are just when they seem tired. If I want to go out, I will. I don't plan around the kids or anything, they just come with me.

I am very organised though, if I am going anywhere everything is packed and ironed the night before etc.

When I pick my children up from school I never park in same place but I do stand same place so they can find. I absolutely hate having to stick to certain times etc hate it so much. I never plan either! My kids are flexible too so that helps.

just a lose routine. we get up between 8 and 9, have breakfast. she'll have her nap anytime between 12 and 3 sometimes later, and go to bed between 9 and 9.30 depending on her afternoon nap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->