How slow can amniotic fluids leak?

lj2245

Reaction score
I had an eventful night last night with cramping, which I put down to baby being very energetic and going from head down to breech and back several times. Feeling tired today and had to carry DS2, who is really heavy with my SPD!!

Anyway. When my waters went with DS2, I had a small trickle followed by a huge gush. Sitting in MILs now and felt a small trickle. Not much but when I stood up there was a wet Mark on the leather sofa. Went to the toilet and When I wiped it's tinged pink/red. There's no plug or anything... It just looked like very watery blood. That was 10 mins ago and baby is being nice and energetic and I've just felt one more trickle since. Nothing major.

I'm Concerned that it might be my waters. Baby is currently in a breech position (guess due to the low kicks) so I'm more cautious than I would be otherwise.

Is it possible for waters to leak so slowly? I Would assume it was normal discharge if it wasn't tinged. :/

Yeah! I would call doctor/midwife because I believe waters can be tinged pink and they can come out really slow if baby accidentally knicked them

They can be very slow. I was leaking from about twenty-eight weeks with one of mine, I didn't realise that was what it was though. I thought it was too early. Then at 28+6 I had a huge gush and it was most likely slowly leaking for the week beforehand.

Go and get seen as they can check if it's your waters as it's important to know when it happened and get you on antibiotics if need be (some hospitals that's protocol if your waters go before 37 weeks).

Yes, they can leak slowly. Imo its best to be seen just to check it out and docs/mw can test to see if it is waters. A lot of places will want you on antibiotics if its been too long and of course steroids to help mature babies lungs if it is before 37 weeks, just in case baby is born early.
best of luck.

Definitely my waters and im on the labour ward now. Dreams of a home birth gone! Baby has been confirmed breech and I'm contracting mildly so will have a section as late on as possible. They have given me steroids and hope to give me more in 12 hours.

:hugs: hun, I'm sorry that your hb plans are gone. Have they talked about ways in which to get baby head down? Like on all fours with your butt in the air, worth a shot?

I'm only 32weeks with twins and my waters went last week. We are hoping I'll last another week or so but they won't let me go past 34weeks as the risk of infection is greater than the risks from prematurity at that stage. I'm on antibiotics and already had my steroids. Sound alike you will havebaby in your arms very soon. Good luck xxxx

:hugs: hun, I'm sorry that your hb plans are gone. Have they talked about ways in which to get baby head down? Like on all fours with your butt in the air, worth a shot?

I posted earlier this morning because baby changes frequently between breech and head down throughout the day and she's still doing it now! She will go head down then flip back to breech again.

Good luck hun! Sorry your original plans are out the door. Xx

Baby Phoebe was born yesterday at 7:37am. Unfortunately, as a result of negligence of the staff on duty, Phoebe was delivered vaginally instead of by c-section and her head got stuck. The doctor left her head stuck with the cord round her neck (starving her brain of oxygen) for 20 mins before another doctor arrived and gave me an episiotomy and pulled her head out. Phoebe was born without a heartbeat. She was resucitated and is now on a ventilator but if she survives, she will likely be left with severe brain damage.

We are beyond devastated and trying to wrap our heads around what has happened. Willing our beautiful daughter to pull through. Please keep her in your thoughts.

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry darling. I am thinking of Phoebe and praying for her and you all.

I will send out prayers for phoebe. Xoxo :hugs:

This is heartbreaking. I am praying for a miracle for your little one. Xx

Oh god I am so sorry, I'm thinking of Phoebe, how devastating

I'm so sorry. Why did they attempt a vaginal delivery knowing she was breach? Miracles can happen, I will be praying for your family. xx

I'm so sorry to read this. I can't even imagine the things you must be feeling. My thoughts are with you and your family and especially your little girl Phoebe.

I am so sorry honey. Little Phoebe, you, and your family are definitely in my thoughts. Miracles happen every day, and I am praying for one for Phoebe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->