How soon after birth did you start your exercise/diet and did your breastmilk drop?

arj

Reaction score
I had twins two weeks ago and am NOT loving my body! I am over two stone above my pre-preg weight and need to get back there before summer time!
I dont want to lose my milk tho...

Any advice?

I've been workin out for a week with no effect on my milk. Lataction consultant and my pediatrician said I would be fine as long as I eat 500 calories more than I normally would, eat often and drink extra water to compensate for the workouts

:)

I'm currently 33+4 and wanting to lose the weight as soon as I've had her; but like yourself, also worried milk may decrease !!
I'd like to BF for 16 weeks until she's had her injections but don't think I can wait 16 weeks before I want to get back into shape ha!
I've heard BF'ing helps with weight loss but i've currently gained 20lbs since week 8 and wanting to lose the pregnancy weight AND more :thumbup:

I gained 3lbs after leaving the hospital, it was Domperidone doing it to me! Am losing weight now, but having to bust my ass doing it

I came to this board to ask what to eat to stop my supply from dropping. 2 months pp I started dieting and exercise, eating 1800-2200 cals a day with mild-moderate execise and noticed a drop in my supply :( It's more important to me to bf my baby but I'd like to be back to my old self too. I've read oats are good for supply but they're like 40 million calories a bowl so :wacko: I'll let you know if I figure something out

I put on loads of weight after i had lo due to sitting around bf eating junk food and tonnes of chocolate! bf made me so hungry but that's calmed down now. I started dieting and exercising about 3 months after she was born and i did notice it affected my milk at first as i wasnt eating and drinking enough, so now i try to eat plenty but healthy foods and i've been losing 1 - 2 lbs a week, and now im trying to cut out carbs as much as possible and my milk still seems fine. I also drink loads of water which is important, it will help with your milk and losing weight

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->