How soon dis you find baby heart rate with doppler?

Iren_iren

Reaction score
Hi ladies!
I am 11+4 today and could not wait to try out Sonoline B doppler that arrived today! It had very good reviews on amazon and display to show hearth beat...but i could not find anything and started to worry a bit.

When the earliest did you find baby hearthbeat? I have my first appointment with midwife tomorrow, so hopefully she can check and find it

I found mine once at 8 .5 weeks then nothing for an entire week. Then found again at 9.5 weeks and now nothing since. Had a scan yesterday and baby is great! My dr also said I have an anterior placenta so I'm sure with that being in front of the baby will make it harder for me to consistently hear it. Some women on here couldn't hear there's till 13 or 14 weeks! Just so many factors and it depends.

Midwives in the UK don't tend to listen in with a doppler until at least 16 weeks- in some cases 20/24 weeks. The reason being that the baby is still very small and can move around a lot, causing uneccesaary stress to the mum if they can't find it. I had weekly checks with the midwife from weeks 14-20 and she tried listening in each week, although she told me she might not be able to find a heartbeat. From weeks 14-16, she couldn't find it and I ended up being sent to the hospital for emergency scans. That's why they advise against buying to use at home.

I have found it once or twice but baby always seems to move? I tried to find it today and couldn't. I have angel sounds though and am not sure if it's as good as sonoline b.

I agree with his princess, dopplers can cause so much worry. Don't panic if you can't find it. I've had 9 pregnancies, so know where to find a heartbeat but at 10 weeks I found nothing. I panicked but scans all showed baby was fine. At 15 weeks my midwife still couldn't find it, yet again another panic but scan showed baby was still perfect. Even now only one consultant has found the heartbeat and im 21 weeks. Baby is just super Low and makes it hard to find. Dopplers cause so much stress!

It took me til about 15 weeks with sonoline b. It was just a tad earlier with my second, but it wasn't consistent...had many times I couldn't find it and then that night I would find it. My dr said I have a deep pelvis, so it really just depends on your body and where the baby is. I definitely wouldn't panic about not finding it this soon! HOpe all goes well at your appt!

I found mine last week at 11 weeks but not found it since so it must have been a fluke!

8+5 with my sonoline b and every day since. I'm lucky this time though. With my son I didn't find him til exactly 14 weeks. This was with an angel sounds Doppler though :thumbup:

I just got mine today. I am just 11 weeks. It took me over an hour to find it. I recommend going REALLY slowly and angling the wand. Just be patient. I've had one ultrasound at 7w4d and one at 9w4d just to hear the heartbeat because she couldn't find it with the Doppler. Both times the baby was on was on my left side. When I found the baby today, it was way on my right side.

Thank you ladies! Its probably still too early
I had dating scan at 9 weeks, so saw baby and hearthbeat:)
With my first i used doppler since probably week 18th and it really helped me and reassured me, but without the display it was hard to count to see if its mine or babies heartbeat
This time i am just impatient and hoped to find something earlier :)

I found mine last week at 11 weeks but not found it since so it must have been a fluke!

The same thing happened to me! I found mine one time then nothing for over a week, then found it 2 days in a row then nothing for a week. Well, this morning and yesterday morning I found it again - but wouldn't be surprised if I don't hear anything now for the rest of the week. It's so inconsistent! I find for me, mornings work best with trying to locate it and it's got to be after I use the bathroom and before I eat breakfast. Don't know if that will always work for me but in the mornings is when I typically find it that way.

I wish I'd never ordered one !! I found the hb really easily today at 10 - 11 weeks but it kept dipping quite low , initially I got c140 for a few seconds then more consistently 120 now I'm worried ( even though I know that's in the lower normal range) and I wasn't worried at all before grrr should have just left it to the professionals !!

I found mine today at 10+4, first time I've tried it as I only bought the Doppler yesterday.
It was pretty easy to find though, so probably would've found it earlier/sooner if I'd had the Doppler! :)

I found mine at 9+3 then was struggling and now I found it quite easy. Also managed to record it and now I can't stop listening xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->