How soon TTC after miscarriage? I'm scared & excited..

jbsowers

Reaction score
My baby had a slow heartbeat for over 2 weeks and I just miscarried on Jan 21 (10weeks 6 days), had a D&E same day due to heavy bleeding and extreme pain. We also had chromosome testing done and will get the results back next week. This was my 3rd miscarriage but I alslo have 2 very healthy boys(ages 5 & 14). I'm very excited and scared to try again. How soon has anyone tried again and been successful? I've already stopped bleeding and my doctor said we can resume having:sex:after my doctor appt this Friday assuming everything is ok.

I know they say to wait and also so you can emotionally heal but I just feel so empty inside and really want to start trying again. This was the hardest of my 3 miscarriages because I was much further along than the first 2 and was feeling very pregnant and even in some maternity clothes already.

I'm sorry for your loss :(

Basically I'm just Not trying, not preventing. But I've read a LOT of stories on the internet about woment getting pregnant within a week of Miscarriage. When they go in for scans, they find that the baby is like 5 weeks when their miscarraige was 6 weeks previous.

Basically my doctor said wait 3 months, and some people tell me their doctors said 1 other people say wait a year. I think its all just up to you and your partner. Good luck with whatever happens!

I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:

Alot of people get there :bfp: again before there :af: some decide to wait until they have had :af: just to make sure that everything has had chance to 'heal' it's up to you how you feel about it

Heres hoping you get your :bfp: soon and have a sticky bean :hugs:

If you search the boards there have been about 3 people on here who conceived before a period this last month.
There's no physical reason not too, although be aware that if you don't conceive, getting AF or a bfn hits you like a tonne of bricks.
Good luck

Thanks everyone. That is the one thing that I know will be hard is getting AF and bfn's because we were trying for months before this past miscarriage. I'm just going to keep praying and try to keep my stress low.

Hiya Hun, I had my D&C yesterday after a MMC @9wks.

I'v been told that I can TTC again whenever I feel ready, just have to wait for the bleeding to stop before we DTD, so thats what i'm doing.

Im going to let nature take its course for a while NTNP and see what happens, apparently your mor fertile after youve been pregnant anyway and after a D&C :shrug:

Good luck :hugs:

Well I haven't actually conceived since my m/c in Oct., but my doctor said technically you can start trying right away. And since you've had a D&C, there's probably no risk of any part of the pregnancy still being inside your uterus.. So at least according to my doctor, you can go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->