how soon....

caz81

Reaction score
how soon can you have sex after giving birth? I have read people saying they have 2 or 3 days afterwards, is it ok while you are still bleeding or do you need to wait for the blood to stop??

I've never heard that 2-3 days is ok? Here the doctors recommendation is 6wks but I would say atleast until the bleeding stops. I don't think the 6wks is something you HAVE to wait because each time I went to my 6wk post partum visit they asked if we had yet and when I said yes it was fine lol. But I waited 4-5 wks with each.

4 to 6 weeks is recommended depending on the type of bith you had. I had a c-section and was given the go ahead at my 4 week check-up.

My HV said about 6 weeks but me and OH did it at around 5 weeks,personal choice really hun and obv only do it if you feel 100% comfortable x

The earlist i have :sex: is 5 days but generally between 2~3 wks after section it was 5 wks

me and my hubbie had sex after 2 weeks because i was UNBELIEVABLY randy!
i was still bleeding but only a little and my tear was healing well (i didnt have stiches) so i think its ok wheneva you feel ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->