How to be a good mother. (uk)

Stevensmummyx

Mum of 2 boys and one surprise bump
Reaction score
I have just seen an advertisement for a programme starting tomorrow channel 4 at 10pm, the first thing was a lady saying that she has never used a disposable nappy, in my eyes that doesn't make you a better parent it's about the relationship with the child but hey-ho. I can see this programme maybe causing some controversy but maybe not,

Who will be tuning in? X

No sure, actually just read the spiel on CH4's website, its all about different ways of parenting and not whats best (I suppose a bit like some of the debates that occur on BNB :D)

- Quoted from the site

"Being a mother nowadays is tough. Everyone's got an opinion, whether it's about stay-at-home vs out-to-work, or bottle vs breast. Does anyone really know what they're doing?

Award-winning writer and actress Sharon Horgan is a mother of two girls. Like most mums, she wonders if she is bringing up her kids in the best way.

In this film, Sharon meets six mothers who are convinced they are getting it right, even if their methods are unusual or off-the-scale strange.

Like the mother who doesn't believe in nappies or the ex-stuntwoman who thinks we've all brainwashed our kids into being scaredy cats and a mum who is 'in love with placentas'.

Sharon is a warm and funny guide to one of the most contentious subjects out there - how to be a good mother.
"

Ahhh I see, I've mistook it then, myself and a few other people thought it was about how doing things 'the right' way are better parents! Think I shall still be watching anyway x

I really didnt like the way the placenta woman said that you'll never have the same bond with your baby if you have a c-sec rather than natural!?!?! What a load of crap!!!!! I had a natural birth but in all fairness might as well have been knocked out for what i can remember, diamophine k-o'd me and i have a fantastic bond with my lb just as c-sec mums have good bonds

No wonder people feel the need to defend themselves when people say things like that about c-sections! Im sure a lot of mums feel like the failed (i dont see it as this) without people saying there bond will never be as strong

Yeah I totally agree!! Sometimes sections can't be avoided but not new mother should ever feel that they aren't going to have a good bond with baby! I ended up not watching I couldn't stomach the thought of someone playing with their placenta and planning to smoothie them! X

Well I found the presenter to be anything but warm and funny as C4 describe her, watching her was pretty cringe-worthy and the way the show was a running commentary of how she either felt threatened or weirded out by the other mum's approaches so I felt you didn't really get to learn or see much apart from her going "this is making me feel worse, that's adding to the guilt, this is adding to the guilt" zzzzzzzzzz :sleep: can you tell I didn't like it? :haha:

Lol just a tad lol! it did bore me a little lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->