How to come to a decision on Baby names with OH

Twinkle 3

Reaction score
Hi ladies, :wave:

A challenge we all face during pregnancy is what to call our little ones!
I just can't agree with my OH on what name to choose for our baby boy,
He has such a different opinion on names as me, I love all the classic old fashioned names that have returned and become modern but he dosnt like them at all. I dot think we will ever agree. We found out it was a boy when I was 15weeks I'm now 21weeks and we are still no closer, we have both come to an agreement on a middle name but that's because I myself compromised but the first name is so hard!!!

I can see me giving birth and us arguing over the babies name.
It would be so much easier to choose the name myself and I would love to do that but I think that would be pushing my luck :rofl:

Is any one else finding names difficult? Or is my Oh awkward

that is a ough one..I am on baby number 5 and have chosen all their names my hubby is very laid back when it comes to that...maybe you can pick his first name and let hubby pick the middle one?

I'm having the same problem with mine -- he is very adamant that if we have a son, he have a "good, strong name" and the one he wants is Magnus Alexander. I don't like Magnus, I said I would compromise on Alexander Magnus, but he's not hearing it!

But actually, the nickname Magnie is starting to grow on me, so I'm just hoping that next week we find out it's a girl, because that's the only name we can agree on!

You guys will find something; have you tried going through all the baby name lists online?

My oh chose our boys name (we were team yellow) and I hated it but it did grow on me and I chose the middle name.

We ended up team pink though!

I chose Alannah for a URL and oh didnt like it, I pushed and pushed when we eventually confided in two close friends about my choice and his for a girls and they ended up choosing his!

I felt like no matter what team we were on, he had chosen the names even though I'd grown baby. It really annoyed me.

Then come my section, the name he chose was just "right" and we've never looked back. If we have a girl in the future though, I'm having Alannah!!:winkwink:

Xx

I know how you feel!! my OH and I have been arguing about names since waaay before I was prego! I am not even 6 weeks and I know the name game is going to be a tough one for us!!

there's an advert on tv at the moment about a couple naming a child and the mother wants to call the baby 'fanny' it got me and my partner talking and apparently there is no name that i could suggest that he would truly hate (nice to know but unfortunately not the same the other way lol)

saying that he vetoed a one of my favorite names - Joliet :cry:

Just keep trying. I was getting so annoyed with my oh because every girl name I said was followed by a very quick no. Sometimes he said no before I even finished the name.lol But we both agreed we wouldn't commit until we found a name we both liked. Finally one day I said a name and he loved it. Now he's stuck on it. I guess I got lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->