how to con ur 2 1/2 yr old into giving up his beloved boobies

tanya29

mum of 5,due to have prem
Reaction score
my 5th little monster was born and decided he was not under any circumstances avin a bottle like all his siblings so i thought what the hell breast is best and he loved it...the problem being he loved it way too much and would not have a bottle at all i didnt mind in the beginning then he started to get older and still wanted his beloved boobies just as much...i felt like they belonged to him...but...then he grew a full set of gnashers and he thought it real clever to tease his mummy by pretending that he was gonna bite...only once did he actually ever bite me when he was about 9 mths old and i SOON corrected that one...

anyway to cut a long story short...i got pregnant with my six child and thought well enoughs enough but he had other ideas...my health visitor told me to just take him off and let him scream for it...a bit difficult when he liked em to go to sleep and about 5 times during the nite...

well anyway the trick is to get your partner to put a little amount of mustard on em when ur child is asking for em and then say did daddy put yukkies on em...durty boobies...he will soon turn his back on em realising they dont taste too good...the mummy doesnt feel guilty cause daddy gets the blame...and mammy gets her boobies back which is a bonus...yippee!!!:rofl:

I'm not sure I find that funny,mustard?

I'm not sure I find that funny,mustard?

yes i did check with my health visitor first and she assured me it would do him no harm...and when i say little i mean just the tip of a little finger...u used to be able to buy stuff from the chemist that has a similar affect apart from it tasted far worst a little like nail biting fluid...i wasnt gonna use that...

i would never do anything to harm my child and my health visitor has also told me she has passed the knowledge on to a few other mums who are at the end of their tether with their boobie toddlers...

dont worry I wasnt being funny hun,I have a weird sense of humour.

Must be weird for child to give boobies up I reckon when they have been used to it for so long. My babe pushed mine away 2 weeks ago I could have cried she is 10 months.

Good luck for your baby btw (just read your other post)
B.x

dont worry I wasnt being funny hun,I have a weird sense of humour.

Must be weird for child to give boobies up I reckon when they have been used to it for so long. My babe pushed mine away 2 weeks ago I could have cried she is 10 months.

Good luck for your baby btw (just read your other post)
B.x

i wasnt taking it funny hun...i reacted the same way when my gran suggested it...i absolutely loved breastfeeding him and when i did make him give em up i felt guilty and relieved all in one go...i hadnt had an hour away from him since the day he was born as i couldnt leave him with any1 as he would kick off for em...and i didnt have a good nights sleep either as he was awake 5 times a night lookin for em...

anyhow it took me bout 4 days and now he drinks juices and milk and really doesnt miss em at all...but all that time of breastfeeding has given us an ever so close bond he dotes on me and me him...

thanx for wishing my baby well too hun...im on here trying to take my mind off it as much i can...

aaww glad it worked hunni ur amazing to do it for 2 1/2 years that really good the bond u have with him will not go away it just grow in different ways xx

The mustard thing is EXACTLY what my mother in law tells me she used on my DH :rofl: got him off the bottle and onto the sippy cups ASAP. It really does work, and mustard, of course, is no harm for the child, but they are not fond of the taste one bit. (you can also say the mustard is icky things like poo etc and that further turns off the child!!)

aaww glad it worked hunni ur amazing to do it for 2 1/2 years that really good the bond u have with him will not go away it just grow in different ways xx

definately...breastfeeding was a new experience for me and the fact i had to breastfeed him for so long as he wouldnt take any juices or bottles made me feel closer to him as most toddlers tend to get real independant but mine was dependant on me a lot longer...now tho he enjoys spending time with other family members and gives me more freedom too...i bottled 4 of my children (expressed for my 2nd as he was a 30 wk prem) but even tho i love them to bits...and i love their cuddles it was completely dif with the baby...wish i had tried it with all my children

So anyone who doesn't bf isn't natural and doesn't have/want a big bond with their child?

I feel really close to my daughter & she is bottle fed - some are unable to breast feed that certainly doesn't take bonding away from Mum.

If I had of breast fed I can't have seen me doing it past a year.

definately i would advise any1 to breastfeed if they want to feel really close to their child its the most natural thing in the world...i bottled 4 of my children (expressed for my 2nd as he was a 30 wk prem) but even tho i love them to bits...and i love their cuddles it was completely dif with the baby...wish i had done it with all my children

You can still have a very close bond with bottle feeding, i'm sure you didnt want to upset people but might be best to think before making comments like that. Some people have wanted to BF but have not been able to.

I BF Ewan till 9 months, as soon as the teeth came the boobies went! it felt right for me as i wanted my body back, and was also TTC no2. Was very sad when i eventually stopped.

So anyone who doesn't bf isn't natural and doesn't have/want a big bond with their child

no i didnt mean that i bottled four of my children...in all honesty the only reason i breastfed my youngest was that he was havin difficulty with bottles...i didnt mean to offend any1...but for me it brought me closer to my youngest child...but i think that was the fact that i breastfed him for so long not just the fact that i breastfed...and believe me in the end i wished i hadnt started because he really was hard work and didnt want to give em up...i was just trying to let people have a giggle at my story of how i got him off...

sorry hun no offence meant

tanya

Wasn't the story - your way that bothered me just found wording a bit off.

No offence taken although I admit I was a little before you replied (just being honest).

:D

Wasn't the story - your way that bothered me just found wording a bit off.

No offence taken although I admit I was a little before you replied (just being honest).

:D

sorry hun... have only just read and taken in my wording...makes me sound like i love my other children less and that is not the case...in all honesty i am frightened to start breastfeeding the new baby (if hes okay) as i dont want the trouble i had with my youngest and i know how...it really is hard work and requires a LOT of patience...i dont know if i could make that commitment all over again for 2 1/2 years...i would def make sure bottles were introduced early on so i could have the freedom of switching...

will be editing my wording now

thanx for pulling me on it

tanya

Don't feel I've 'pulled you' on it because I'm admin! I prefer to be seen as 'member' tbh that way I can have opinions & feelings too. Only time I'm bad owner is when people are totally out of line with others.
Then I turn :muaha:which is usually obvious because I'm never polite about it lol

:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->