How to deal with a child who hates you?

HannahGraceee

*Hanny Spammy*
Reaction score
I literally don't know what to do with my 5 year old girl, saying she hates me is not a understatement, she physical hates me.

She will insult be verbally and physically hit me. I literally don't know what I can do?

:(

Is she anxious about something? Learning spiteful behaviour at school?

She's been like it for a long time now, she completely favours daddy over me

I don't mean this in a horrible way at all, but do you have any idea why she might be acting out that way?

I literally have no idea, I try every day but she's not interested in anything I do or say

Anything can be a trigger, yesterday we needed to go to the shop

Could it have something to do with the new baby?

It's been going on a long long time, she's worst now so it could have something to do with it?

But what can I do? Send him back? Ha

Is it just you she behaves like this with?

If it is how does discipline work - are you the main disciplinarian leaving her Dad to be the fun one?

It sounds like she is acting out either to decide what boundaries there are. I would decide on a plan with her dad and be consistent.

What happens when she does not want to do to the shops: does it quickly escalate. I would say calm but firm, making it clear you are in charge but without resorting to shouting etc.

Then I would make sure you spend time with her. A new baby is a big adjustment and she may feel pushed out. Its easy when a baby arrives for the older one to go to the dad and the baby go to the mum. Making sure each parent gets one to one time with both is important.

Try not to get stressed as well (easier said than done) she may well be looking for any reaction from you so try not to give it to her and go for positive reinforcement.

How is she at school? Acting out at home and pushing boundaries is common at this age after spending all day at school following rules and behaving well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->