How to deal with disappointment when TTC

LisaBean

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am new here, but have read so many threads about artificial insemination before me and my partner started trying. My partner is also a member here. We are only on cycle 2, but I'm already finding it hard to balance expectations with being realistic. AF is due today. Last cycle I was almost convinced we were pregnant because I had so many signs, but I think I was just hypersensitive to any body changes, it being our first try. This time, I've not had any signs for AF or BFP, apart from the odd sharp pain. This morning I feel as though AF is on her way and although I havent tested yet, I am already feeling the disappointment! It has been a busy few weeks. We inseminated twice during my fertile window and then moved house. The move has meant lots of lifting and being really busy, also helped keep me distracted. Last month I did everything 'by the book', yoga for 2ww every day, no caffeine, sleeping well etc, this time, the opposite due to the move. Worried that I could have jeopardised our chances?
How many cycles have people endured so far and how do you deal with the constant disappointment and losing hope? Is there anything more I can do?

Thanks x

hi hon
Me and my husband have been ttc for 5 months and im not gonna Lie the constant BFNs and disappointment is very hard esp emotionally.

I always find it the hardest when I know im out and then I have to wait for AF.
Then its all the waiting to O again.
Its just a visous circle.

I feel my lowest when I'm on CD1 but I find once it gets around to ovulation I start getting excited again.

I've really gotten into reading books and I find that helps to distract my mind.

Good luck with ure TTC journey.
It is a emotional rollercoaster but hopfully it won't take to long.

Im hoping this is my BFP month but I don't want to get my hopes up to much incase I get BFNs and AF shows.
It really is so hard.
Also feel free to join us in the july testing thread. There shud be a August one up soon to and everyone is great on there and really supportive.

hi hon
Me and my husband have been ttc for 5 months and im not gonna Lie the constant BFNs and disappointment is very hard esp emotionally.

I always find it the hardest when I know im out and then I have to wait for AF.
Then its all the waiting to O again.
Its just a visous circle.

I feel my lowest when I'm on CD1 but I find once it gets around to ovulation I start getting excited again.

I've really gotten into reading books and I find that helps to distract my mind.

Good luck with ure TTC journey.
It is a emotional rollercoaster but hopfully it won't take to long.

Im hoping this is my BFP month but I don't want to get my hopes up to much incase I get BFNs and AF shows.
It really is so hard.
Also feel free to join us in the july testing thread. There shud be a August one up soon to and everyone is great on there and really supportive.

Thanks so much for your reply. AF has sort of arrived, but not my usual. I did a test earlier and it was negative, but very confused because AF is definitely not my normal and I am usually like clockwork. I think I will test again tomorrow morning just to be sure.

I hope this month works out for you! It must be super hard to keep going; we've only been trying for 2 cycles so far and the peaks and lows of emotions is hard already. So hard to be patient when you want something so much. Wishing you all the luck and thank you for the support xx

It's really difficult, but honestly I don't think, unless you have any medical reason why, that anything you're doing will jeopardise your chances. Remember there are people who fall pregnant without meaning to whilst drinking, and smoking, and consuming loads of junk and no exercise etc
My first baby I fell the first month of trying so I wasn't prepared when each baby after that took longer. My last baby took 3.5 years! Its heart breaking, but somehow you just get through it.

I don’t think there is anything you can do to alleviate the disappointment. It is one of those things that is just out of our control, and that’s scary. And we want it SO much, and when you want something so much, and have done everything you possibly can to get it, when you don’t you have every right to be disappointed.

for me it’s just picking myself up, trying not to be angry at myself and my idiotic, useless reproductive system, and saying we try again. But it’s not easy. Let yourself wallow, allow yourself to feel sad.

I’ve been lucky in that our longest try was a year (with a mc in the middle), I honestly cannot fathom how women go for so long and stay standing. They are heroes.

I think involving yourself in other things like a good book or a hobby will help a lot, of course it's easier said than done. Maybe a guilty pleasure novel would help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->