How to deal with my neighbor..

Cheyanne

Reaction score
One of my neighbor's house caught fire last night. The thing is..I think she actually set the fire! Several months ago she was discussing doing "an insurance" job to get a big fat check. She had it all planned out and said her parent's had just done it. She was going to fake a home invasion and put her high dollar items in storage and say they were stolen. She wanted my opinion. I told her "Hell NO, you can get in SOOOO much trouble. As far as I know, it never happened. Now, her house has caught fire, but it it burned itself out, but everything has smoke damage. At first, I was like whatever..her business. Then, I got upset thinking it could have spread and burned other homes or even worse..someone could have gotten seriously injured or killed! Maybe it was an "accident", but my gut says different. What should I do?

That's a hard question Cheyanne. If I were you I would not say anything right away. Being that she had that conversation with you, at a later point in time I would ask her if the fire was a follow up to her previous ideas/plan. If she admits it then I would discuss with her the risks she put on other's homes and families.

That's really crazy though!

I would report her!

Say she did do it on deliberately and it didn't burn itself out and the fire service turned up.....What if a fire man/woman went in to her burning house (maybe thinking there was someone inside) and something terrible had happened to them - all for an insurance job?

Would you have reported her if the fire had caused damage to your house or property?

You could always call the police/fire service (I'm sure you'd not have to give your name or if you did they wouldn't be able to tell her if anyone tipped them off anyway) Just tell them that you have your suspicions maybe mention you know her parents done the same & what she had told you!

At the end of the day its fraud, I wouldn't think twice about reporting!

I am going to speak to her, but I'm going to wait..taking Mango's advice. If it was an accident, I don't want to upset her by insinuating (sp) she did it. I don't know why she'd ask me, of all people for advice on a matter like that. Jeff says it's because she knows I'm a criminal justice major and was trying to get information....laws regarding such things and the sanctions for breaking them. Who knows?

Keep us posted, Your neighbor is bound to bring it up in conversation again, especially once the stress of it sets in.

Any new developments with the neighbor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"