how to defrost breastmilk ?

Jo.t

expecting #7
Reaction score
Its my 40th Birthday & Im going out tonight & leaving my baby for the 1st time :-/

I have took some milk out of the freezer this morning - how do i defrost it ?

Once it is defrosted does it have to be used right away or can it be stored in the fridge untill needed ?

I was thinking of defosting it in cold water then putting it in a steralised bottle, in the fridge to be used tonight.

would this be ok ?

I have also got a fresh bottle of milk I pumped yesterday to use as well.

soooo nervous to be leaving my babies !!

Youngest is 2m old & i have 2 bottles of 6oz to last him 6 hrs - is this enough ? X

I think if you defrost it, you have to use it within the hour, so I would just put it in the fridge and let whoever is watching the baby know how to defrost it. I just defrost it under warm tap water. It works pretty quickly. :)

The amount is probably more than ok but it depends on how often your LO eats. Mine can only go 3 hours maximum but is usually closer to 2 and he eats between 5-6 oz at a time (but he's a big eater). You could probably break that into 3 4-oz bottles for an average eater.

Happy birthday! :)

Once defrosted, it's good for 24 hours in the fridge :)

I like to put it in cool water in the fridge because it thaws faster, and as long as it stays cool and you warm it once it's been in the bottle, you're good. Once it's warm though, it's only good for an hour as it can spoil faster than fresh milk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->