How to diet and someone else's house!!??

mrsp14

Reaction score
We're awaiting visas for a move overseas so we're currently living with my in laws. Potentially until march.

She's a pretty bad cook as it is but the food is edible just. The problem is what the food is. Every meal comes with chips, even a pasta dish has chips on the side... I find it odd... And annoying!!! I was raised to always clear my plate so I struggle to leave anything behind. Breakfast and lunch are kind of help yourself so I can be good then.

I've even offered to cook in an attempt to get a healthy dinner but the kids will play up and mil will end up either helping or taking over... So it doesn't work out!!!

What am I gonna do.., I can't eat chips for the next two months!!!

When I went to my mom's she knew I was trying to lose weight and didn't buy any of the "bad" foods she normally would. DH and I went grocery shopping while we were there and took over the cooking (my mom hates to cook though so that wasn't to difficult :lol:)

Could you make sure you are the one to make your plate so even if you fill like you need to eat it all there's not as much on there? Maybe buy more fruits and veg as snacks so that come dinner you aren't starving?

it's a tough one for sure!

Well tonight mil was working 5-8... So I offered to cook for everyone. It was accepted but then no one could agree in what everyone liked and FIL (very very fussy) decided he wanted takeaway so we all ended up having Chinese!!! I swear these people don't know what healthy eating is!!!

I determined now... I can not eating this for over a month... Gonna it mysf salad stuff and refuse chips... I'll just make it super clear I want to lose weight and that salad is replacing chips for me!! Hopefully I won't be seen as rude!!

I remember that when i was still a teenager. My parents are unhealthy to the maximum, while i kept sliding myself a can of tuna chunks, lots of vegetables, fish, chicken and fruits. For them i said "ugh, im sorry, not feeling too well, but please save me some." Later i fed it to the dog or their two cats.. Cruel, i know, but thats how i've been 116 lbs and 5'7 until i got blessed with my son! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->