How to drop dream feed?? 8 month old

Mrs_Random

Reaction score
My LO is just over 8 months.

We BLW but he has pretty much dropped his milk during the day (on his own) I'm lucky if I can get him to have 3/4oz mid afternoon.

He has 8oz first thing. 8oz at bed time and then 6oz at about 10/10.30.

I actually think he still needs the extra 6oz but how could I get him to take it during the day instead of at night?

He still wakes at night but is easily settled and I would really like to be able to go to bed before 10 occasionally.

Is it possible to integrate the 6oz in to his day meals or am I as well just giving him it at night and let him drop it when he's ready?

I had the same thing with my LO. My LO from 8 months has had 8 fl Oz in the morning and 8 fl oz before bed and hes doing great. I was scared about dropping the 10pm feed but he didnt even miss it when it wasnt offered. Try stopping it for a few nights and see how you get on?

I did a few weeks ago & it was a disaster!
I ended up making him a bottle at 3am as he was waking ever hour & I was desperate for sleep.

I might try again as some nights I feel like I disturbe him and he would sleep if I left him, but I also know if I feed him about 10.30 he won't wake until after 3 so I'm pretty much guaranteed 5 hours sleep before I have to get up & resettle him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->