how to ease a trapped nerve in hip???

sethsmummy

mum to 3 beautiful boys
Reaction score
In desperate need of ways to help ease a trapped nerve ladies.. please.

this is excrutiating... right up there at a 10 on the pain scale.. its just taken me 10 minutes to go for a pee... my bathroom is like 10 or so steps from my living room :dohh:

Oh my goodness do I feel for you right now. I've only just got rid of mine and I had it for 5 weeks. I have no idea why mine went but I'm not complaining, it's agony. You're in the same boat as me with a toddler, it makes it 10*harder having to carry them when they refuse to walk etc. just ride the storm Hun, I'd love to give u help and advice but can't xxxxx

I had this a few weeks back and I feel your pain. Do you have a ball? I found rolling on mine amd draping myself over it rocking my hips hlped. That and a hot water bottle. Also be careful bending! Xxx

thank you :hugs: I dont have a ball but thankfully after an hour its eased off although iv not tried to walk again yet. Iv been having trouble with my back so its possibly made worse with that. About to attempt going to bed.. heres hoping i can go the night without peeing or tossing and turning too much lol xx

Yeah, unfortunately, not a lot you can do to fix it when it happens. Try laying down with something between your legs and shifting your position until your hip shifts back into place. :(

I've been having this on and off throughout the entire pregnancy. Really painful and frustrating.

thanks hun i managed to get rid of it by laying on my opposite hip. Its hitting every now and again when i walk but nothing like the other night :D x

Glad it's eased up for you, my wheat pack is my best friend for this type ofthing. Xx

Im sorry you're feeling this pain. Ive had the nerve pain for months now and really the only thing that has helped is a heat sock. I fill a sock with oatmeal or rice and tie it at the end and heat it in the microwave. Its nice because the sock will drape from one side of the hip in front to the other side on the back. Is your pain on the right side? Thats where mine has been
I fell down the stairs about a month or so ago and my nerve pain went away for a week or two......tho I would not recommended that type of thing lol.:hugs: I hope you are feeling better really soon! Its always worse for me when walking after resting and turning over in bed.

thanks hun! Its not bothered me today so heres hoping thats it for a week or two!

oh my gosh were you ok after you fell down the stairs? I did that a couple weeks back :dohh: thankfully only 3 though as theyre concrete!

I have a wheat bag somewhere but its only a small one.. a friend borrowed my big one then never gave me it back :growlmad: xx

Lol I started contracting. My docs made me come in and get monitored. But aside from the pulled muscles between my legs and pelvic pain I was good. And baby is good too. I told everyone how weird it was that my sciatica went away after that and dh said......ok well ill just push you down the stairs if it comes back! LOL im glad its not bother you today :) what a relief right?! I have a ton of stuff to do in the next couple days so hoping mine will not get too bad.

its great not having to worry about it.. although the pelvic pain is making up for it :rofl: I really hope you can get your cleanin and stuff done hun! Cant wait for the news your "friend" has moved out completely! xx

I mentioned my trapped nerve to my consultant. She had a feel and said no, that's your ligament! In any case, it won't go completely until after the birth :dohh:

Ooo I never thought that kind of pain could be anything else. I hope it goes away soon Hun.

Mine is coming and going now depending on how I've sat... I've found sitting on the toilet seat and opening my legs as much as I can helps it stop x

Well, it isn't as bad as when it started. I couldn't walk for days. Now it is still painful when I put weight in it but to a much lesser degree. I can't walk far but I can walk :dance:

I must try your toilet trick! (Gosh, that's not a sentence I every imagined saying :rofl:)

:rofl: haha it really helps. Had another episode of it today. Seems to happen depending on how i sit. poor sink took the brunt of my frustration before i had a good cry lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->