How to explain 2nd trimester loss to people

A loss is a loss, we all lost babies that we had hopes and dreams for at any stage, but I never describe my baby as a loss or a Miscarriage. I tell people the truth that I gave birth to her she was perfect but sadly she passed away as it was just too early.

That is basically how I feel, too. I don't even like the word miscarriage. It seems to obliterate the existence of my child. He was not a miscarriage, he was a person, a baby.

My baby died around 16 weeks, at 20 weeks he would have been considered a stillbirth.

I lost my daughter last year. She died in my womb at 22 weeks. The medical world calls it a miscarriage. I don't. I labored for 3 and 1/2 days in the hospital to deliver her. I didn't even get a birth certificate because of a policy stating that if the baby is less than 500 grams, they are still considered a fetus. I didn't bury my little one. She weighed about 96 grams; a little smaller than my hand. I had her cremated and she is home with me. She has her little spot on my dresser. A lot of people think I'm weird to have her here like that. To each his own I guess. I never describe her birth as a miscarriage. I always say I had a stillbirth. People seem to be a lot more understanding when I say it like that. And as for time. It's been 19 months and I'm still grieving.

A loss is a loss, we all lost babies that we had hopes and dreams for at any stage, but I never describe my baby as a loss or a Miscarriage. I tell people the truth that I gave birth to her she was perfect but sadly she passed away as it was just too early.

That is basically how I feel, too. I don't even like the word miscarriage. It seems to obliterate the existence of my child. He was not a miscarriage, he was a person, a baby.

My baby died around 16 weeks, at 20 weeks he would have been considered a stillbirth.

I lost my daughter last year. She died in my womb at 22 weeks. The medical world calls it a miscarriage. I don't. I labored for 3 and 1/2 days in the hospital to deliver her. I didn't even get a birth certificate because of a policy stating that if the baby is less than 500 grams, they are still considered a fetus. I didn't bury my little one. She weighed about 96 grams; a little smaller than my hand. I had her cremated and she is home with me. She has her little spot on my dresser. A lot of people think I'm weird to have her here like that. To each his own I guess. I never describe her birth as a miscarriage. I always say I had a stillbirth. People seem to be a lot more understanding when I say it like that. And as for time. It's been 19 months and I'm still grieving.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: I am so sorry, people just don't understand. . I lost my Ava at 18 and a half weeks and its been 6 months, I gave birth to her also and we buried her on 3/11/2011. I know this pain is just something you never get over, you just somehow learn to live with it :cry::cry::cry: , I am so so deeply sorry for your loss :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I had no idea what to expect my I gave birth to my son but I can tell you that he looked perfect in every way with ears, a mouth, long arms and legs! I too think that some people must think I lost an egg or something. It's truly amazing the speed of growth in the womb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->