How to get a refund on iTunes?

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
I've had an iPhone for 18 months but I'm still not very clued up on iTunes.. I know how to download apps and that's about it.

Yesterday I downloaded an in-app purchase for £6.99 on the auto trader app to check a cars history that I'm looking to buy. The history check isn't working, I've emailed autotrader and got an automatic email saying they will look into my query but they don't reply to emails.

This morning I've woken up to 2 iTunes email receipts, not only does the app purchase not work... I've been charged twice!

Does anyone know how I get a refund?!

I clicked the 'report a problem' link on the iTunes email receipt and it says my purchase can't be found but the money has definately left my bank, twice!

I've just been on the iTunes support webpage and it is just sending me round in circles. Someone please help!

You should be able to try apps first before having to purchase them. I bought a game for LO yesterday and wasnt as described and was rubbish! I was raging.

You should be able to try apps first before having to purchase them. I bought a game for LO yesterday and wasnt as described and was rubbish! I was raging.

It was an in-app purchase, not an actual app. I rarely buy games and apps on my phone unless I like the free version.

I've emailed apple and they said they will get back to me within 48 hours. I just hope I get refunded!

Phone apple up, on the apple website there is somewhere where you can you request they call you and they do within 5mins.

My son managed to spend £40 on in app purchases,apple were very helpful and refunded us straight away once we explained what had happened.

Also of you go into your settings you can turn off in app purchases

The email should work, that's how I've been refunded before.

iTunes have just emailed me back. They have refunded me for both purchases :)

Glad you got it sorted :)

I've just wrote exactly the same post as this without looking for answers first!!

What did you write in your email to them if you don't mind me asking? I'm rubbish at these things! And what is their email? Thanks

What did you write in your email to them if you don't mind me asking? I'm rubbish at these things! And what is their email? Thanks

I just explained that I'd bought an in-app purchase and it doesn't work and that I've been charged twice. I got a reply after a few hours saying that I will get a full refund and that it will take upto 10 working days to be refunded to my card that I paid with.

I don't have their email address but if you go on this link https://support.apple.com/kb/TS1702 there should be a contact us section somewhere.

Hope you manage to get it sorted.

Phone apple up, on the apple website there is somewhere where you can you request they call you and they do within 5mins.

My son managed to spend £40 on in app purchases,apple were very helpful and refunded us straight away once we explained what had happened.

Also of you go into your settings you can turn off in app purchases

Lucky they refunded you-my little 8 yeàr old nephew spent £500 on a game you can buy things on and they refused to refund!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->