how to get baby to take bottle?

silver_penny

triandem nursing 3 and pg
Reaction score
I just started expressing for a "just in case of emergency" situations. My baby is 4 months old and exclusively breastfed. I have no issue expressing ~ I can get 5 ounces easily with my Medela electric breast pump. However, I tried to give him a bottle of EBM this afternoon and he's absolutely clueless about how to use it. How have you moms introduced the bottle successfully? Any advice is greatly appreciated. I would love to be able to go out and enjoy a horseback ride every now and then without worrying if baby is going to get hungry while I'm out. Thanks in advance!

Bella won't take one. I tried from the time she was 2 months old and gave up when she was 5 months and still refusing. Some babies just won't take a bottle. I tried 6-7 different bottles, different flow nipples, different types of nipples, having other people try feeding her and nothing. She won't have it. Anytime I put a bottle near her lips, she starts screaming more.

I've given up and have just been using a regular drinking cup. It's a bit messy, but she will drink from it. I've tried 2 different sippy cups too, but she doesn't do anything but bite on them...lol

Charlie refuses to take one from me, or if Im in the room lol
I get a good laugh at him, when I leave the room he will take it fine from daddy lol. He just leaves it to sit in his mouth until he figures it out lol

Nuby silicone spout cups are good, Keagan just plays with a bottle, but drinks well from these.

still trying lol lo is not keen really like boobs too much ;) x

We tried everything. No use. (have 1 of almost every type of bottle)! However, she would drink from one of these free flow beakers just fine at 4 months https://www.littledodo.co.uk/tommee-tippee-first-cup.ir?cName=feeding-beakers-cups-mugs

Iv noticed my baby plays with it and gets a bit confused but I Tap it on her bottom lip and then wiggle it about side to side and finally she sucks it. She stops sometimes an spits it out but she will drink it coz she's hungry and I have a sore nipple so she has no choice if she's emptied the other lol. I use tommee tippee bottles. I think if ur determined and willing to listen to the screaming till they give in and there hungry then eventually they will take it. Xx

Bella won't take one. I tried from the time she was 2 months old and gave up when she was 5 months and still refusing. Some babies just won't take a bottle. I tried 6-7 different bottles, different flow nipples, different types of nipples, having other people try feeding her and nothing. She won't have it. Anytime I put a bottle near her lips, she starts screaming more.

I've given up and have just been using a regular drinking cup. It's a bit messy, but she will drink from it. I've tried 2 different sippy cups too, but she doesn't do anything but bite on them...lol

this is us!!!
i will eventually have to go back to work, so am hoping this cup business is the deal breaker..
good luck - i think some babies get it, some dont x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"