how to get stains out?

jess3012

mummy to megan
Reaction score
i know this question will have been asked hundreds of times! But im on my phone and its too slow to do a search! I was wanting to know how you get staines out of inserts? Can you wash them on a 90degree wash? Ive tried them on a 60 but it doesnt seem to be shifting it! Ive heard sunlight gets stains out of nappies does it do the same to inserts? What wash powder/liquid do you use?

The sun usually works for us (when it bothers to come out!) but if I get a bad looking one before I wash I tend to put it in on a cold pre-wash first and that usually stops them getting too stained. Not sure what else gets it out tho - sorry, hope you can find some sun where you are!

The sun has been a godsend to my inserts lol!! Even if it's not sunny, just putting them out in daylight helps.. just not as well ;)
I always use fleece liners in our nappies so that this reduces the staining. So far *touches wood* I've been lucky with nappy stains :)

megans poos are always runny so nappie liners wont do much to catch it! Ill try stickin them on the line!

heat will set in stains, so i always do a cold rinse cycle first before a hotter wash cycle.

but sunshine works wonders for stains.

Sun is brilliant on anything - nappies, inserts, T-shirts - anything that's stained. You can wash cotton or microfibre at very hot temperatures, and that works as well, but don't wash bamboo above 60ºC. It cooks the fibres!

Sunshine! Make sure the inserts stay damp whilst in the sun, as it works far better than when they are dry.

thanks everyone! All i need now is some sun!

You can use a Vanish stain removing bar too if you have a really stubborn stain, just make sure to only put it on the bits that need it and to rinse it out properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->