How to hide a bump?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by anita665, Oct 18, 2008.

1. anita665

anita665 Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd

Well although my ticker says 9 weeks, I'm actually only 8 weeks+4 and already have a bump no matter how hard I squeeze it in. I guess because I've only recently given birth. Anyway I don't want people realising I'm pregnant (or thinking I'm fat for that matter). Any tips on hiding it?

I've only got a couple of loose fitting tops - all the rest of my clothes are fitted. I really don't want to dig out maternity clothes and I think they might make it more obvious anyway.

2. x-amy-x

x-amy-x Mammy

Why and who are you wanting to hide it from? All i can suggest is buy bigger clothes. But I'm afraid that might just make you look fat. Enjoy your bump

3. moomin_troll

moomin_troll mummy to zane and corey

baggy tops n dresses are in fashion right now so id get myself down to primark or somewehere like that n stock up on leggins n tights with so nice baggy dresses which is what i wore for more of my pregnancy and now lol they have a gorgeous black pinny in primark for £8 and it has huge pockets so hides the belly

4. wishes

wishes Mummy of two :)

Im finding baggy cardi's over a vest top work well... c'mon the cold weather please!! :rofl:

5. LongRoadAhead

LongRoadAhead ♥Due 06/05/09♥

Probably still bloating at this stage.
    Why hide it?I cant wait to have a bump and show it off :) Being pregnant is a blessing, not something to cover up:)
    Have a happy n healthy 9 months
    Xx

6. Janisdkh

Janisdkh Well-Known Member

I would only suggest baggy clothes. It's not good squeezing it in tight jeans or wearing something to make youre belly flat. Which I doubt you would do anyways :) I think the best thing for you to do is tell people. It's going to come out anyways

7. bethyb

bethyb Expecting our third!!!

Layering ur clothes help

8. Janisdkh

Hmm I read something about not eating foods that bloat you??? That might help too!

9. maccy

maccy Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls

I don't want anyone to know yet either, as I lost baby early on this year. I'm just wearing baggy clothes and off to get new coat that covers me all up. x

10. starryeye31

starryeye31 2nd tri ~Its A Boy ~

baggy black hooded sweat shirts with a big picture on the front , im not trying to hide mine anymore as my mom knows now but thats what i wore and it worked .

11. wishes

wishes Mummy of two :)

Thats exactly why i still want to hide it right now too... after my proper scan when i know everyhting is ok, then the whole world can know! :blush:

12. anita665

anita665 Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd

Thanks for your suggestions everone. I really don't want people at work knowing. I'm sure it is still just bloating at this stage but it's really obvious as my belly is usually completely flat.

13. x-amy-x

x-amy-x Mammy

They will find out sooner or later hun :hugs:

Be proud of the little life growing in side of you.

14. sam's mum

sam's mum mum of two gorgeous boys

I was the same with people at work - and I didn't want to tell anyone until I got to 12 weeks because I wanted to make sure everything was ok at my scan (didn't have it until 15 weeks in the end but I couldn't wait more than 12 weeks to tell my friends :laugh2:)

Don't know how smart you have to be for work but if I was out somewhere I'd wear a baggy jumper, and I'd wear a big coat (in the middle of summer :rofl:) to get to work - I was in an office on my own so people would only have noticed when I was going out somewhere.

Wearing black helps too - I was nearly 7 months pregnant and went to a retirement party in London. I'd been talking to someone for about an hour and must have put my hand on my belly and he looked at me in shock and said 'oh, you're pregnant!!' I had a big bump by then too but people just don't look half the time :rofl: x

15. dannydustcart

dannydustcart Well-Known Member

If youve just had one then people probably assume your extra weight is baby fat anyway, dont worry to much.
    just tell everyone you've eaten alot of chocolate latley or suffering from bloating!

16. Janisdkh

Tell thenm you gave up excersizing for abit after youre son. YOu are just too tired lately. YOu would be surprised what people beleive.