How to hide nausea

loved2830

Baby #2 almost half way baked!
Reaction score
So I'm on a business trip...have a conference all week and I'm feeling so so so sick. I wish I could throw up but it's just all day nausea.

My cowrkrs and boss don't know but I'm afraid they will know after this conference.

Any ideas on how to hide it?
I drink ginger ale and eating sometimes helps but lately nothing but sleep helps

May not be able to hide it, but calling it a stomach bug has worked for me. If you use it multiple times with the same people, suspicions will arise, though! Although, when I told my boss, I was sure he'd figured out after all my lame excuses but he was actually totally clueless.

Blaming it on something you ate or just travel in general. If you took a plane you could say you just haven't recovered from the flight.

People get nervous about catching a stomach bug. I've gone with saying I was taking antibiotics for something non-contagious (like an ear or sinus infection), and they were really doing a number on my stomach. You can also blame the same antibiotics for turning down a drink if that comes up.

I went to a huge AGM for 3 days at 7 weeks with my son and it was hard. I sipped tea constantly and snacked non stop to curb nausea. I found myself gritting teeth and taking deep breaths often to fight off gags. So hard.

I wouldn't say stomach bug as people will treat you as a leper. I would say you have been on a new medication that has you feeling ill. Good luck!

Lemon wedges! My nausea was brought on by smells and I worked in a dining club so food was everywhere!!! I sniffed lemon wedges and it curbed it. So walk around with lemon water say it's a diet. And ginger candy helped to. Actually sucking on hard candies in general as for not telling people I didn't until fourteen weeks and I was sure people were catching on. But really at the end of the day they're always thinking about themselves more than anyone else especially in a work and travel environment. Saying you don't travel well, sleep away from your husband well could thwart suspicion. And try to take as much down time as you can. I needed soon much sleep my first trimester it wasn't even funny. Twelve hours a night and at least a two hour nap in the afternoon or early evening. And keeping food in your stomach helps a lot. I ate a lot of baked potatoes.. filling and very easy to eat.

Just say your not feeling well or it's the stomach
Flu

I had all day nausea with my son, it was awful I lost 3lb I found hard boiled sweets like lemon drops helped keep my nausea down.

I'd go with "migraine". Not contagious, explains why you might be quiet at times, explains nausea if anyone should pick up on it and also gives you an excuse not to drink.

Thanks for all the suggestions!! I went with eating bad food and my stomach hasnt recovered. Seems to be accepted

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->