How to keep the secret?!?

Movinmama

I have 3 kiddos!
Reaction score
Hi all!
I am 4 weeks along and I really don't want to tell my friends just yet. We are all going out next Friday for moms night out. It will be noticed that I'm not drinking and I'll turn beat red if asked... Should I just tell them or try to white lie my way out of it?

Just tell them you are on antibiotics that can not be mixed with alcohol or talk to the bartender and let them know so they can give you non-alcoholic beverages. As for keeping it a secret, me and my fiance are waiting til I'm about 17 weeks (start 9 weeks on saturday). Why the long wait you may ask? We were going to wait until 12 weeks to get out of the high risk zone, but decided to wait until we know the gender so when we do photos it will be a pregnancy announcement/gender reveal all in one. The only people that know are some immediate family and that's it. Good luck on keeping it in and on your little bean :)

I celebrated my 40th birthday a few days after getting my BFP. We told friends I had been out drinking the night before with a friend and couldn't face alcohol. I think they believed me (who knows?!) but then I don't drink often and do stay sober on some nights out. This could be an option for you, but don't know how persistent your friends would be!

Good luck on keeping your secret!

What do you usually drink? you could ask for a alcohol free cocktail? or get an alcohol free beer and put it in a glass? I went out with friends the day after my bfp and told them I was so early that I didn't know if I was pregnant or not and just not drinking to be on the safe side. Say you are in the two week wait or trying and you are laying off the booze? have fun whatever as they have all been through the same thing :)

I like the antibiotic idea! Thanks everyone! Yes my friends would be persistent. I don't want to tell them because this is will be our 4th baby and I just don't want to see their eye rolls yet.

I had the same question and got a lot of great answers too, but when it came time to use the lies I had planned I just told everyone :) I didn't announce it on Facebook or anything but I told all my close friends. I was like 4weeks 2 days. I know that's WAY to early for most people (almost everyone). But I thought... if the only reason I'm supposed to keep it a secret is incase something goes wrong, I would want my friends to know anyway. Plus I was super excited and can't keep a secret.

Im only just past 12 weeks now and I couldn't imagine keeping it a secret for this long! I could have made excuses or tricked them a few times but they would have figured it out before 12 weeks (probably before 6 weeks) for sure.

Anyway not recommending you do it that way :) but good luck keeping your secret!!!

Monix I feel ya! I really don't know how I'm going to pull it off but by golly I'm going to try to make it till book club June 21!

It's driving me crazy not telling people!! I have an appointment at 6 weeks and if we see the heartbeat during the ultrasound, we'll start telling people. I had that issue today when a friend invited me to out to a bar with her. I quit drinking a few months back so that wasn't an issue but the bar she wanted to go to still allows smoking inside. That kind of stuff typically doesn't bother me so she got a little suspicious when I told her that I didn't want to be around all that smoke. It sucked that I had to disappoint her and I couldn't even explain that it was because I was pregnant. If I had it my way, we'd be telling everyone this weekend but DH is paranoid about there not being a heartbeat so he would rather wait.

I also like the antibiotic idea! We already told close friends and DH's close relatives (parents and siblings) would have rather waited to hear a heartbeat, but I would have wanted them to know either way. So we decided to tell them. Everyone else though will know till after 12 week ultrasound :-/

I think you can pull it off! They will understand, just do not lie about anything drastic or else you will have to keep playing up the symptoms for days.m

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->