How to know how many weeks you are?

pearlsandbows

Got our BFP on Xmas Day!
Reaction score
I had last AF on 21st Nov for 5 days, my cycles are 37 - 39 days & gpt bfp on day af was due 25th Dec. A test the day before came up negative despite them supposed to be able to show a bfp 4 days before af! Then I confirmed it with a clearblue digi which came up 1-2 weeks although when I do due date calculators & tickers they all come up 5 weeks so im really confused as to how far along I am!
xo.

You go from the date of your last af. I had this confusion with clear blue digi but was told to ignore the weeks on it!

We're around the same time! I got my BFP on Sunday!! Surreal!!

Happy and healthy 9 months xxx

Thank you so much! Oh so really I can count it as nearly 6 weeks then :) woooohooo!
Happy & healthy 9 months for you too, so exciting!
xo.

I asked my MW a similar question as I ovulated CD11 and not 14 as per the average. In your case you probably ovulated later than CD 14 if you have longer cycles so you would still date from 1st day of your period but MW said scan would adjust as progress could be faster or slower depending on when fertilisation took place. Does that make sense?!

Yes that's really helpful thanks, I think it was around cd17-19 when O arrived so it's all approximate I suppose!
xo.

I go from day I ovulated and then add 2 weeks on. My LMP has rarely dated me anywhere near my actual due date. With DS my LMP would have been 19 months before I actually conceived, so would have given me a due date in the past. This time my LMP would have put me at least 5 weeks ahead of where I am. So I just completely ignore and and go off ovulation date plus 2 weeks.

The most accurate would be ovulation day +2 weeks. I think I ovulated on day 12 or 13, and my cycle is 26-28 days. So, I may be a couple days ahead, but I'm basing it on LMP.

With longer cycles you are much better to calculate from ovulation date and add 2 weeks onto that. I had a 45 day cycle when i fell pregnant with DD so going by lmp it seemed like i was 2 weeks further on than i really was. I knew that anyway as i used opk's so could accurately date the pregnancy but doctors had to use lmp until my first scan. Then the due date was readjusted. If you know your ovulation date ud be best to count back how many weeks its been since you ovulated and add 2 weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->