How to make Lana a longer name?

MrsWifey

Expecting baby #1
Reaction score
Hubby insists that if we have a girl it has to be called Lana, he's had this name stuck in his head for years and won't budge. Although it wouldn't be my first choice I do quite like it and it's a bit unusual but not too wierd.

The names I like are things like Evelyn, Amelia and Isabel so I was wondering if anyone could think of ways to extend the name Lana to make other names but still keep the 'lana' bit as a nickname (obs there's Alana but was looking for more ideas)

Thank you x

Do you mean more sylabyles or more letters? You could make it Lannah (like hannah) xxx

what about making it double barrel? like lily-lana, lana-may,

or make a name up eg, ellana

More syllables. Hubby want to spell Lana as Larna which i have already vetoed, told him he can only have that name if it's spelt my way 'Lana' but I think he thinks he's going to convince me! I do like Lana and we will probably have that name, just wondered what else we could do with it.

you could go welsh and do a llana but then you would have to do a tongue twist on the ll sound

I knew a girl when I was little who was called Alana and she was always called Lana for short. hope that helps!xx

Alana is the only one i can think of but i do like the idea of a double barrelled name as suggested above.

I love the name Eliana which would be beautifully shortened to Lana! :thumbup:

I like Lanabelle but my sister is called Isabel so it's abit too similar. Lilana is really pretty, will try it out on hubby.

Thank you for all the ideas :flower:

Leilana? ( pronouced Lay- Lah - na)

its an Hawaiian name, meaning: heavenly flowers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->