How to NTNP if charting?

MrsGruffalo

Me, DH and the budgies
Reaction score
So, I've been charting for nearly 3 years, long before we married. I use my chart as much for monitoring my health as I do my fertility. I'm hoping DH might be persuaded to NTNP soon, but I can't figure out how that works if I don't want a big gap in my charts.

Any of you ladies in a similar position? How does it work for you?

Mrs G xx

I don't think you need to stop charting in order to NTNP. I think to be honest most of the women on this board have a pretty good idea when their fertile period is, whether or not they are charting. I saw a good quote on another thread, "I'm trying, he's not preventing", I think this quite often describes the situation pretty accurately. LOL. I am temperature charting and should probably classify myself as TTC really but OH is more NTNP. We did start off more NTNP because we weren't DTD specifically around when I thought I was fertile, only if we were in the mood. It's hard to stick with NTNP if you really want to be pregnant though. So I do try to get OH in the mood if I think it's the right time.

I am charting but Oh dosnt want to know any thing about it. I am charting now as i dont want to be preg untill Jan/Feb but also just so i know when my body is rid of the pill.

Im charting, without the temping. I do that, for reasons such as I dont want to know exatly when I ovulate, I dont have a steady sleep time...so we are ntnp...but it is frustrating cus once i get that fertile cm i know its that time, so do i jump in the sack or do i say back off jack?
:haha:

My chart is a CM only method, so I don't do temps every day.

I think finding the balance of do I jump on him when I'm fertile or just go for it when we're both in the mood and not worry about will be the difficult bit. I like the idea of "I'm trying, he's not preventing!" :D

Thanks ladies :D

My chart is a CM only method, so I don't do temps every day.

I think finding the balance of do I jump on him when I'm fertile or just go for it when we're both in the mood and not worry about will be the difficult bit. I like the idea of "I'm trying, he's not preventing!" :D

Thanks ladies :D

:)

I am charting but Oh dosnt want to know any thing about it. I am charting now as i dont want to be preg untill Jan/Feb but also just so i know when my body is rid of the pill.

This is how my OH was at first. I started temping/charting because I hadn't had a real period in almost 10 years and knew nothing about my cycle. I didn't know anything about ovulation, CM, etc. and I find the whole cycle and the science around it fascinating. So we weren't using my temping to time ovulation or BDing, I was just doing it to get to know my cycle. OH was against it at first and wanted nothing to do with it, didn't want to know about it or anything. Now that we're on cycle 5, he's finally interested and asking questions about it, how it works, etc. We're both more "TTC" right now than "NTNP" but cycle 6 will be our last before I go back to school and we'll be back to NTNP for a few years until I graduate. (Fingers crossed we're either already pregnant - I'm 6dpo today - or get pregnant next cycle!)

Sorry its off topic but.. oh my gosh the Gruffalo!!! my favourite story i read it at nursery and the kids love it!! keeps them quiet!! I could probably recite it all from memory...his eye are orange, his tongue is black, and he has purple prickles all over his back!! hehehe...

Just because you chart doesnt mean you cant NTNP. If you are charting,taking OPKs,and making sure you BD around your fertile time alot then you are TTC. But if you are just charting because thats what you want to do and BDing whenever you feel like it that can be considered NTNP. I chart my CM and CP so I know around when I am ovulating, but we dont always make time to BD around that time (but usually do).

I don't think you need to stop charting in order to NTNP. I think to be honest most of the women on this board have a pretty good idea when their fertile period is, whether or not they are charting. I saw a good quote on another thread, "I'm trying, he's not preventing", I think this quite often describes the situation pretty accurately. LOL. I am temperature charting and should probably classify myself as TTC really but OH is more NTNP. We did start off more NTNP because we weren't DTD specifically around when I thought I was fertile, only if we were in the mood. It's hard to stick with NTNP if you really want to be pregnant though. So I do try to get OH in the mood if I think it's the right time.

I LOVE THIS! It is totally true for most women on here. The OH doesnt want to know anything about the charting or anything like that they just wan to :sex: haha.

Same here with trying to get OH in the mood (which isnt hard at all, lol) We tend to BD at least once (usually more) during my fertile period. I am charting my CM and CP just to know what my body is doing and around when I am ovulating but I dont temp. It was so cute the other day we were with friends and the topic of NTNP came up and he said "we are married now, and I would be totally fine with it if she got pregnant soon" :) It made me smile because hes never said that to friends before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->