How to outcome the question : When is she comming home??

Hotmum

Reaction score
Ok I am tired of this question...

because she was a 32 weeker everybody for some reason, think she is taking ´´too long`` to come home.
She IS BEHIND ok ! so what? every preemie is different...
besides that the neonatalogist just told this week she could be a week or so earlier than we think... ( It kind makes sense because I use to have a looong period cycle)

But IDK nobody seems to understand... How did u outcome that question???
(When she is comming home?)

I just said around due date.

Or you could say "when shes better" :haha:

"When the hospital say she is able to come home" would be my answer!

I just use to say wenever hes ready, he does things in his own time, his own way xx

Thanks girls, Is just frustating =(

I know that most of you been tru this question too...
But everybody ask this SAME question EVERY time
I´m always calm and nice and try to explain her situation and she needs to do this and that before comming home, but that wasn´t helping and was just ´´opening`` more question and the most silly one: ´´ She was a 32 weeker not 28, she should be going home soon, right?`` - I just hate to answer this one-
I am going to start saying around her due or when the hospital let me :)

Strangely it never bothered me people asking that question because I didn't expect them to know about premature babies as I didn't before having my own.

I always told people that we had been told it would most like be around her due date and anything before then is a bonus.

Strangely it never bothered me people asking that question because I didn't expect them to know about premature babies as I didn't before having my own.

I always told people that we had been told it would most like be around her due date and anything before then is a bonus.

It never bothered me EITHER but when they ask MORE than once...

It starts to bother...

If somebody who doesn´t know me asks its totally fine, since like you said, nobody knows much about preemies.
But same people are asking me a LOT of times, that´s what is bothering me.. and for some reason they think a 7 month old baby is just as mature as a 9 month old ( and trust me 28 weeks is MUUUUCH different than 32, and 32 is MUCHHH different than 36... but some people just don´t get it ;) )

Aww hugs. I know that question is hard to deal with - all you want is your baby home, and the more people ask, it just kind of makes it seem even worse?

Our neighbour was like that, every single time we saw her, she was asking when Sophie was coming home. Then when she was about 3 months corrected she was always asking "Is she crawling yet?" (she was only about 9lbs at the time!) Yesterday I was putting Sophie into her pram at the front door and she came out of her house and her first question was "Is she walking yet?" She's still only 11 months corrected!

I know how you feel!
I actually had to put a status on my FB saying something like ''If I knew when Anna was coming home, I would be shouting it from the bloody rooftops! Please stop asking me. Each day I spend with out her home is a day too long. They will let her home when she is ready and no one could possibly guess when that is''

i always said we are aiming for their due date.

The inlaws used to always ask and in the end i told them he had been at home since birth i just liked visiting the hopsital so much!!!!

i always said we are aiming for their due date.

The inlaws used to always ask and in the end i told them he had been at home since birth i just liked visiting the hopsital so much!!!!

haha good one ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->