How to prepare for going home?

lil-star

Reaction score
Can you guess what's on my mind tonight :haha:
This is all I can think of:

Car seat fitted in car
Put moses basket in our room

I'm really concious of dust when he comes home, we have carpet in the bedroom and have a dog. Did any of you notice allergies when they came home?
Bought 2 packs of size 1 nappies
Can't buy bottles because I don't know what food he will be on when he comes home

Ummmm...any ideas? Just need to feel like I'm doing something for him

We just did a massive clean of the house - got my mum in to help as she is the queen of clean, lol!! We gave it a really good dust and hoover - we hired a rug doctor just before Sophie came home so all the carpets were nice and clean.

Other than that and getting the nursery ready (which so far has just been used for changing nappies and dressing Sophie - she still sleeps in our room), we didn't do anything other than you've done. We did buy bottles because although I was breastfeeding her, the nurses were giving her bottles when I couldn't be there, and we didn't want her to get too used to the hospital teats, so we took our own bottles in.

We have a cat and Sophie's been absolutely fine with him - no allergies seem to have appeared at all. I worried about that too, especially considering I have asthma and lots of allergies but she is fine. FIL has a dog - she's a hypoallergenic breed but he looks after a couple of other dogs too and she's fine with them as well. I, on the other hand, am hideously allergic to them!!

When is LO getting home? Very exciting! xxxx

Thanks Katy, clean the carpet in the bedroom that was the big thing I wanted to do. Well Eli is doing so well, putting on weight (100g the last two days!) and feeding well so bar this lil set back of him on antibiotics they should be talking about sending him home *should in my mummy head

Aww, sounds like he is doing great! Fingers crossed that he'll soon be home where he belongs. The last bit can feel like the longest and hardest - I remember when Sophie got to 37-38 weeks and we felt like it was taking forever...at least at the start you know they have ages and ages so you're kind of mentally prepared but when you get through the time you just don't know how long or short it's going to be! xx

We came home with Ella quite unexpectedly in the end as her discharge had been planned 3 times and each time she aspirated and ended up back on oxygen needing more surgery the day she got discharged we werent expecting it as she'd only been operated on the day before. We had cleaned the house though and just had moses basket up in our room, bought lots of nappies and wipes, kept carseat in car just incase oh and made sure we always had blankets in the car for the journey home. We've got house rabbits and theyre quite long haired, doesnt seem to have bothered Ella atall though.

Fingers crossed your lil man will be home with you really soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->