How to prepare meat/fish for babies?

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
How do you prepare meat/fish to serve to babies?

Or is it really not worth it and easier to just buy strained whatever in the jars at the store?

I'm trying to make all of my own.. but I have no clue what to do about meats!

I tend to save a little bit of whatever meat we've had for dinner but without the sauces etc. As for fish, Billie had salmon yesterday - I just put the fillet in the oven for 25 mins til it flaked easily - mashed to check for bones.

I do the same as Bibswy for fish-generally bake it in the oven. Just wrap it in foil and stick in the oven, then keep checking it. when it flakes away easily, then its done :flower:

If Brooke has chicken, I generally poach them whole-I put the chicken breasts into a deep pan on my hob, make some baby stock into about a pint, pour it over the chicken breasts until they are only just covered and just leave to simmer. When the chicken breasts are white all the way through, they're done :thumbup: I always find they're really moist and yummy this way too-I cant STAND dry chicken :sick:

Yiu can do the poaching thing above with fish too, if you prefer :thumbup:

Brooke had Beef Casserole last week too, I just literally made her her own little casserole in the oven.

Have you got a recipe book? that may be a good investment-I LOVE mine!! xx

I do fish and chicken in the steamer :) Nice and easy and you can forget about it

when i make leyla fish i normally poach it in some milk, then use the milk to make a cheese sauce so she gets all the nutrients, she loves her fish lol, she has it all the time

with chicken i fry off in some olive oil, just to brown the edges, then i put some stock in the pan, maybe 500ml? then i leave it to simmer for 20mins and it comes out lovely

with beef i fry it off then put stock in and leave it for 2hrs+ so it goes really soft

:D

x

I make some things... and I buy some jars... Spaghetti sauce is good... stews are good too for homemade stuff.

I meant spaghetti sauce with meat BTW lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"