How to prevent stretch marks?

GonnaBaMama

Reaction score
I know that there is no guaranteed way to prevent stretch marks, but I'm set on doing anything I can. I haven't started showing yet, but I want to start early with any creams. Just wondering, what did others use to help prevent stretch marks?

You can use olive oil, coco butter, stretchmark oil, bio oil... but really it's only going to minimise them and help them fade too. you might not get any naturally or you might get lots it's mostly genetic, how big you get and how quickly.
xx

I got belly butter from spoiledmama and while its def not preventing them its helping minimize them.

With my daughter I used everything including bio oil, and I really thought I'd escaped them until I got to 39 weeks and I woke up with them :haha: I really don't think there is anything you can do to stop them but honestly, they really aren't that bad I thought I'd be disgusted by them as awful as it sounds, but I don't care for them anymore, there just a reminder of where my little girl grew <3

I've read the best product is trofolastin. It's a Spanish product but you can get it on amazon. I'm a little nervous about using gotu kola during pregnancy (even though the cream is commonly used during pregnancy) so ill probably just use it on small areas if I see marks starting to develop. I got lucky with dd and escaped them all together. Hoping I might get lucky again!

I'm using an organic lotion bar to help prevent dryness and itching, hoping it'll help sooth my skin away from stretching too much... but I'm not sure if there's really a way to prevent them:shrug: Although a girlfriend told me to not scratch or even think of rubbing your stomach because that will make them worse.

I hardly got any stretch marks first time around luckily, I put lots of creme and oil on, several times a day. xx

i always put creams and lotions on but that didnt stop the strechmarks. my tummy and my boobs look pretty bad but honestly i dont mind a bit, they are my battle scars and im proud of why i have them.

Its in your genes. Best thing above all these creams is water! Better hydrated you are more elastic your skin becomes.
Trying to gain weight slowly will be helpful but at end of the day if their in your genes going get them regardless. Im one of them, my boobs must of only grown 1cm and they got covered.

I think it's down to your genes.

I tried everything I could get my hands on whilst pregnant with Ben. I still got covered in them from about 38 weeks (before that, there was no hint of any at all).

Almost three years on, the have faded but I still have huge silver craters all around my middle. I am a size 10 too, so I didn't think I would get too many if I didn't put on too much weight - wrong!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->