How to reboot my Sony Vaio laptop?

Mummytobe85

Reaction score
I was wondering if someone can help me??

I wanted to reboot my sony vaio laptop as its running slow and it hasnt been rebooted since forever.

I watched plenty of youtube vids and researched the net but it doesnt work. The model is VGN-NS30E

Thanks

do you mean defragmenting? doing this can make your computer faster.

you can find this in: Start > Control Panel > System and Maintenence > Administrative Tools

Do you mean you want to wipe it? rebooting means you are shutting your laptop down and start it up again.
Also if you watch a lot of youtube videos maybe you should just clean your browsers cache ( In firefox under Tools: clear browsing history: tick cache.
For defragmenting: Windows defragment isnt the best.

This is a programme which takes it time to do its task but it is very good, and absolutely spyware/adware/virus free and it doesn't cost anything either.
https://mydefrag.com/

If you are wanting to toally wipe it, to essentially put it back to factory settings (no data, no configuration settings etc), you will either need the original CDs it came with, or a new operating system CD that you can buy anywhere (windows 7 would be your best bet as it recognises almost all drivers automatically) - somewhere like PC world sells this (you can buy it online cheaper, but PC world is nice and easy to just walk in and ask for it over the counter).

If you lived a little closer I'd offer to help out in person, I work in IT and do this sort of thing all the time for family/friends/neighbours as well as clients.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->