How to rehome a rabbit?

TaylorsMummyx

Reaction score
I really want rehome our rabbit, we can't spend time with him he doesn't come out much at all but he's fed n cleaned, I want to give him to someone who can spoil him, I can't handle him as he doesn't like to be, I don't know what to do? Iv rang rehomin places up but ther all full :( I feel so bad it would be different if our garden was okay but we're missing fence pannel so he cant go out :(

Advertise him on preloved website, I used it to rehome my kitten

Preloved isn't the best place to rehome pets as you have no idea where they are going.
You could find a rabbit specific forum to join, they usually have a rehoming board. Goldenbunnies.org.uk is I believe a good one.

if you google Fat fluffs rabbit sanctuary they can advise you on what is in your area. You should've been given the option to go on a waiting list for your rehoming area.

I had a beautiful lop eared rabbit that I had to re-home when I got pregnant as I just didn't have the room (she lived in my room). I was lucky to actually have an offer a few weeks before from a friend who owns loads of rabbits and has big spaces for them all. Then I realised a few weeks after I found out I was pregnant that letting her go to big spaces etc would be the best thing for her. It was sad and I sometimes regret it but it was best for her. Hope you find a loving home for you rabbit xx

I used to work at Pets at home, they will (if they have space) put him in the adoption centre in the shop and make sure hes well looked after by good people. They also make sure the people who adopt him have everything and understand how to take care of him.

They will take him for free but ring up first. The person who adopts him will have to give as donation to the adoption facility.

Find your nearest Pets at Home hun :) Hope i helped :flower:

I would contact, a rescue centre.. around here we have some just for bunnies, I don't want to start a debate but i wouldn't bother with pets at home, Anyone could just pick it up, and often will because their is an optional donation as opposed to 25 quid for a "new one" a rescue centre is your best bet and i think kindest option here :) Rabbits are the most neglected animal in the country... so i always worry about them being rehomed, good luck x

Rhi you beat me to it, I would never give a pet to pets at home 'adoption'.

my brother adopted a degu (gerbil thing) from pets at home and had to go thru an interview type thing with loads of questions, i went and bought our rabbit from pets at home (not adoption) and only had to fill in a form that was it, so pets at home do have more of a process with adopted ones. x

my brother adopted a degu (gerbil thing) from pets at home and had to go thru an interview type thing with loads of questions, i went and bought our rabbit from pets at home (not adoption) and only had to fill in a form that was it, so pets at home do have more of a process with adopted ones. x

Was the interview type thing "where will it live" "what will u feed it " i dunno, maybe it was a really thorough interview BUT its a chain, so one persons exp means nothing to someone else. And yeah unfortunately rescue centres are likely to be full this time of year, and will be spilling animals out the windows in the few months after xmas, i know its no ideal but is there anyways you can just hang on to flopsy until the holidays and new year are over, then the rescue centres die down, If you were near me i would happily take it, we just lost a rabbit today actually :( not lost as in "where u gone bunny" haha, but poor thing was dead in its cage this evening, god knows what happened, she was fine this morning :( x

Aww! My oh make me feel guilty saying he's surprised the rabbit isn't dead!? I just cant handle him, he's too jumpy and it scares me, pathetic I know :(

It can be sooo annoying when a bunny wont let you hold it etc, i had the nastiest girl bunnies when i was younger, they lived for about ten years! but they were horrible, if you looked at their cage the nastier one would stomp its foot at you ! and when u fed it it tried to take a chunk out of your hand! grr , we did eventually give up on them, just kept them and gave them free run of the garden, but they were very rarely handled at all for maybe five years !

When I go and feed him I stroke him and he let's me, and I talk to him, he looks at me like let me out but I don't fare lift him out :( I feel awful

yeah usually with sanctuaries they Aare full but you can go on their waiting list and keep it til they have a space.

Have you tried the rabbit forum as suggested? Where are you based? There is racr rescue if your anywhere near Nottingham.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->