How To Relax?

RedRose

New mum :)
Reaction score
Hello everyone :wave:

I'm very early pregnant, about 4 weeks and am very very happy!

I am nervous though. I had a MC at 7 weeks in Feb, and am terrified it will happen again.

I know that the first trimester is especially nerve wracking for lots of women, followed by the rest of the pregnancy, the birth, the new born, the toddler... it's like there's a never ending list of things to be nervous about. This is obviously not good for your own or your babies wellbeing, so I'd like to start a thread finding out what you all do to relax.

Things which help me to calm my fears and stay positive are:

1) The mantra that it is out of my hands. If the pregnancy is destined to fail, it will, and if it's destined to thrive, it will. I am merely a passenger on this crazy ride!

2) Use the people around you. If I am feeling like I'm getting overwhelmed, I go and spend time with the people I love. Not to talk about how I'm feeling, but just so I can feel normal again.

3) Watch something funny! I love recording You've Been Framed, or watching sitcom boxsets like Frasier, Friends and Seinfeld. Laughter is good for you.

I'd love to know what you guys do to stay positive when you are worried, wether you are pregnant, a mum, or TTC, or anything really!

Hi ya hun, yay welcome to first trimester I have no idea how to relax yet, ive gone from being the most rational person to the most worried desperado here! :dohh: I am trying to stay away from GOOGLE, thats the only advice I can offer for now hun, so happy for you xx

Hi ya hun, yay welcome to first trimester I have no idea how to relax yet, ive gone from being the most rational person to the most worried desperado here! :dohh: I am trying to stay away from GOOGLE, thats the only advice I can offer for now hun, so happy for you xx

Thats defiantly good advice, google can be EVIL:muaha:

I was VERY nervous as this is my 2nd pregnancy.. 1st ended at 7 weeks 4 days. So far so good and everything is text book! Just keep a positive frame of mind. That's what I did--and am still doing!! :)

Hi hun im trying to relax as well but its hard as im scared of having a mc aftee my very early loss in may.
I just want to be at 12 weeks.
xx

I find that I too get caught up in the worries of early pregnancy, a few things I do to ease my mind and help me relax are:

*Get immersed in a good book
*Cook some yummy comfort food
*Bake cookies - there's something so relaxing about the smell of cookies baking!
*Cuddle with my boyfriend
*Get him to tickle my back or give me a massage
*Have a nice long shower
*Nap
*Look online at all kinds of cute baby things I'll be buying soon!

Hope you have a relaxing and happy pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->