How to start tracking and charting ovulation

ImSoTired

mommy to 2 girls
Reaction score
Hey ladies! I need to start tracking ovulation because I have an irregular cycle. Can anyone tell me where to start or give me some advice? I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

sign up with Fertility friend - that lets you chart and it gives you tutorials on how to do it.

It is pretty easy to do, i am just no good at reading the charts lol

Good Luck :thumbup:

My advice would be to get some good OPK's and test 2x a day. And I agree that FF is good for charting if you want to make sure you ovulated. I don't have irregular cycles so not sure if charting would give you an ovulation pattern after a few months or not.

the most helpful thing for me has been OPK's and checking my cm. Good luck.

Thanks ladies. If you can think of anything else let me know.:thumbup:

:pop:So after being 8 days late I may have just started spotting. I will know for sure tomorrow I guess if it continues. But at least I can start trying again! Is there a specific brand of opks that is better? Should I get a months worth or just a week? I went to fertility friend and watched the little tutorials so I was just wondering if I should use opks in addition to checking bbt and cm.

yes use the OPKs aswell as charting and temping. I am going to do that this month.

If you sign up to FF you get a month free on the VIP section which will tell you when you should be ovulating and lots more.
I have signed up under a few different names on FF just to get the free VIP bit :blush:

GL

If you don't know if you're ovulating or not....would opk's be a good idea, or a waste of money?

As fas as OPK go being u have a long cycle and u dnt know when u O I would get a month supply and start testing 3 days after af ends 20 should be enough to get u through your cycle, I have a 32- 35 day cycle and use answer there right at $20 at walmart I believe.but a lot of women us the ones u can find online if u like GL

Im pretty sure I'm ovulating (not now but each cycle) but I think that the pattern is just irregular. Like I may have just ovulated late. At least I hope so. I think that opks will help me find out when or if I am ovulating so thats not a waste in my mind.I thought I had begun spotting last night but there is nothing so far today so that might not be the case. I guess I just have to wait a little longer.:shrug:

I use OPKs too & I use the ClearBlue ones. You can get a week or a months supply. I chose them because they give you an empty circle if you're not ovulating & a smiley face when you are so it's very simple & no interpreting lines :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->