how to stop hair snapping?

kbwebb

Reaction score
Really need some help with my hair.
I had it cut from my waist to my shoulders to help keep it healthy, however it keeps snapping all along my parting and around my face. (think static looking hair)
I don't tie it up often, use a hairdryer or straighteners probably once a week or less. Always use conditioner when i wash it.
The only thing I do that is damaging is dying it using a box dye once every 6 weeks but i really cant afford to have it done every month in the hairdressers.
I'd stop dying it but at the grand old age of 22 im going grey so needs must :dohh:

any suggestions?

Do you use heat protection spray when you straighten/dry it? Have you tried any strengthening products? Sally’s is really good for hair products and the staff are usually very knowledgeable on what’s good for different hair types etc, may be worth asking x

I had this issue. I'm 33 and been dying my hair myself since i was 17. I'm having a treatment called olaplex that you put on before the dye. It's really helping and my hair is growing again. It's expensive at hairdressers but can get it from Amazon.

Look for leave in conditioners that contain protein, that’s helped my hair as I blow dry it a lot. Also have a load of grey hairs but I like my natural color so don’t dye it.

Eat salmon, chicken, carrots, Brazil nuts, spinach, beef, walnuts, eggs and Swiss chard!

I second that you need to use a shampoo/conditioner with protein. I use this: https://www.lorealparis.co.nz/haircare/women/elvive-arginine-resist-x3/shampoo.aspx

And the conditioner and it has made a massive difference to the dryness and breakage of my hair. It is seriously awesome and in NZ it is cheap as chips at the supermarket, so not something that’ll bust your wallet. Give it a try.

Also make sure you’re not leaving your dye on too long if you’re doing it as often as every 6 weeks. Make sure you’re concentrating on the roots and not the ends when you touch up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->