How to stop the broodiness?

shocker

Reaction score
I need to stop feeling so broody its making me crazy, I cant even think of ttc right now Im 18,not working,not in college and single. Im in no position to have a child, i know deep down its not the right time but I cant stop thinking that it wasnt the right time before but i still would have managed.If i got pregnant now it would be no differant to how things would have been if Rowan hadnt passed away and im struggling to wait dealing with all the changes.I know your probablly thinking just enjoy your youth go out with your friends etc, but ive changed so much.I dont want to go drinking or clubbing with my friends, i have no interest in that student lifestyle anymore all i want is to settle down and have babies.I dont know what to do, i wish i didnt feel like this because theres nothing i can do about it!?! :dohh: blah im so confused

I feel exactly the same way you do. I know it doesnt make sense but im SOOO broody aswel. But its only been since i had a m/c, before it was bareable whereas now i just want a baby so bad. My OH said when we first thought that i was miscarrying thats it will be okay and we will have another one but now hes gone back on his word :( and is saying he doesnt want kids till hes 25. I'm 19 and he's 20, i want kids NOW lol or in the next few years. I don't want to be an old parent, my mom had me when she was 19 and we have a good relationship. I know that probably not just based on the small age gap, but i want the same thing for my child. Sorry for rambling but im curious as to if there is any way to stop the broodyness :/
xx

I feel exactly the same way you do. I know it doesnt make sense but im SOOO broody aswel. But its only been since i had a m/c, before it was bareable whereas now i just want a baby so bad. My OH said when we first thought that i was miscarrying thats it will be okay and we will have another one but now hes gone back on his word :( and is saying he doesnt want kids till hes 25. I'm 19 and he's 20, i want kids NOW lol or in the next few years. I don't want to be an old parent, my mom had me when she was 19 and we have a good relationship. I know that probably not just based on the small age gap, but i want the same thing for my child. Sorry for rambling but im curious as to if there is any way to stop the broodyness :/
xx

Thanks for sharing, im so sorry for your loss :hugs: its crazy how overwhelming the urge is.Its not like when your a kid and you think ah babies are cute its like I have to have one or im going to explode.Ive never experianced anything like it, my mum was 38 when she had me but i was the youngest and she had her first at 19.I want to be a young mum for those same reasons, i dunno ive always thought it helped you relate in some way or something.Im sorry to your oh has changed his mind you must be really frustrated

Didn't want to read and run :hugs:

I have been following your story hunni and I am so sorry for your loss and what you are going through, although I know that won't be much help...

Why don't you try get into something, a job or a lifestyle that involves children, perhaps a nanny or carer or midwife (I am just throwing things out there) Perhaps if you were helping children day to day it might relieve some broodiness..

Or if that isn't for you maybe try travelling, something that interests you so you can take your mind off of things, I have found I enjoy languages, so I am self teaching myself Japanese. Ok so its a little random but I like to do it and it takes my mind off things...

Perhaps you will meet someone that way, or work at getting a job and a place of your own and do it as a single mother. Either way you can set yourself goals, things that you need to do in order for you to work towards a child.

Hope this helps :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->