How to tell family and friends I want a natural birth

I mentioned home birth to my Mom and she immediately freaked out, i just didn't bother saying anything else. I just know i won't be calling her until i'm waaaaaay into labor or until it's all over cause i don't see why i should have to fight anyone to have MY birth the way I want it.

I fought so hard against all the nay sayers that said I couldn't handle the pain and that I would definitely end up with some kind of pain relief. Honestly, now I wish I hadn't fought so hard... It actually took a lot out of me and caused unnecessary anxiety during my pregnancy.

Because it was my first baby, everyone kept saying I was crazy for not going to the hospital to give birth ( I chose a Birth Cottage with a wonderful mother daughter midwife team). I did my research and knew that a natural childbirth with loving care that was given to me by my midwifes was exactly what I wanted.

Honestly having a natural childbirth was the best experience of my life! It seems our nation is so ingrained to believe birth=pain. I'm not saying it didn't hurt but I truly understood what they said when they said it was pain with a purpose. It was the most empowering experience of my life and honestly I can't wait to do it again!

Sadly, most of your friends and family will not understand the decision you have made. What I can tell you, is keep your head held high and don't let them discourage you. You have a wonderful support group right here at babyandbump with women who support you! Nothing but love and support here.

I wish you the very best and if you ever want to talk about anything don't hesitate to message me! :flower:

I fought so hard against all the nay sayers that said I couldn't handle the pain and that I would definitely end up with some kind of pain relief. Honestly, now I wish I hadn't fought so hard... It actually took a lot out of me and caused unnecessary anxiety during my pregnancy.

Because it was my first baby, everyone kept saying I was crazy for not going to the hospital to give birth ( I chose a Birth Cottage with a wonderful mother daughter midwife team). I did my research and knew that a natural childbirth with loving care that was given to me by my midwifes was exactly what I wanted.

Honestly having a natural childbirth was the best experience of my life! It seems our nation is so ingrained to believe birth=pain. I'm not saying it didn't hurt but I truly understood what they said when they said it was pain with a purpose. It was the most empowering experience of my life and honestly I can't wait to do it again!

Sadly, most of your friends and family will not understand the decision you have made. What I can tell you, is keep your head held high and don't let them discourage you. You have a wonderful support group right here at babyandbump with women who support you! Nothing but love and support here.

I wish you the very best and if you ever want to talk about anything don't hesitate to message me! :flower:

I couldn't have said it better myself! Thank you for your post!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->