how to tell from ultrasound low amniotic fluid?

L

larudy13

Okay I am just wondering because I see a lot of 20 week scan pics and there is like black area around baby but when I look back on mine she really didn't have that? I dont know how else to explain it maybe I am just worrying myself..

From what I've seen during the ultrasounds I've had, the amount of black area you see on the screen really depends on where the tech is placing the probe and how hard they're pushing. I don't think you need to worry about amniotic fluid level unless baby was measuring small or you think you're leaking.

Okay I am just wondering because I see a lot of 20 week scan pics and there is like black area around baby but when I look back on mine she really didn't have that? I dont know how else to explain it maybe I am just worrying myself..

Was wondering this for the last few weeks myself, From my gender scan, my baby looks like she ran out of room, very little black area around her, only space she seems to have is around her feet.

I honestly think the tech would have said something if there wasnt enough fluid around baby

I asked the tech at mine and she said there was plenty of fluid, so not sure exactly how they tell.

They checked my fluid levels (and other things) at the last few ultrasounds I've had the last few weeks (i've had several ultrasounds lately). I saw her go to four different quadrants, use the cursor (or whatever) and clicked on two separate points, like at the top and bottom of the black pocket of fluid, which the computer gave her a measurement for. They added up the size from the four different quadrants to get an average. Each of the quadrant was a different pocket that looked like that black space you were mentioning.

I think they have to be at the right frequency (or whatever) to get to that black pocket, because I didn't readily see it until she did that particular measurement. I thought it was pretty cool, I wish I knew more about sonography.

https://www.glorialemay.com/blog/?p=60

This may be of interest???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"