• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

how to tell the parents and in-laws

nasacha

mum of 1 and TTC
Reaction score
My first scan is this Friday and I haven't told my parents or in-laws yet. Don't know how to tell them.

DH and I did a trail run with 2 friends last weekend and for some strange reason I felt very embarrassed telling them so I dont know how I'm going to handle telling my parents, im sure they will be happy for us but I'm still nervous.

How did everyone else here spread the news. And did you wait until 12 weeks?

I was nervous telling my parents. Felt like a child again about to get told off!! I told them the night I found out so about 4 weeks and just showed them the CB digi test..

mine are here now. i made the mistake of telling them when i was 6 wks last time and had a mc the next day !!!!!!! this time we shall show them a photo of the 12 week scan x

There's been a few posts on this with soem great ideas- We told both sets of parents on Saturday just gone, was such a happy weekend!

We made a card, with a photo of us on the front, and wrote inside in the style of the mastercard ads:

Two tickets to Chester Zoo to get a good photo...£35
Petrol home to see you for the weekend...£40
Breaking the news that there's really three people in this photo...PRICELESS!

Mum's face was a picture when she got it! And it means they can keep the card to remember the day!

Lots of people give out scan pics, but we didn't want to wait that long to tell them- 10 weeks was hard enough! lol

We made a card, with a photo of us on the front, and wrote inside in the style of the mastercard ads:

Two tickets to Chester Zoo to get a good photo...£35
Petrol home to see you for the weekend...£40
Breaking the news that there's really three people in this photo...PRICELESS!

What a fantastic idea, I love it! Wish we'd come up with something more exciting.

I just showed my mum a pic of my pregnancy test but she took the edge of my excitement a little by telling me that she knew something was going on and that she and my little sister had been discussing how I hadn't had PMT like normal - don't you just love family!

Try not to worry too much about it I'm sure they'll be thrilled. I wasn't worried about my parents but I was really worried about my friends and workmates. Although I'm 28 I'm the first one of my mates at home and at work to have a baby so I thought they might think we were two young or anything.

I told my parents on Easter sunday when I was about 5 weeks. We bought them both a happy easter grandparents card but got my dog to give it to them. They assumed grandparents meant to the dog until they opened it. I'd drawn a picture of a baby in a stocking and wrote 'guess what santa claus is bring this year'. They cried!

Me & OH haven't told parents either. I'm scared to death.... my 12 week scan isn't until 29th June but midwife today estimated I'm between 9-10 weeks today! I think his mum will be a lot more chilled about it, she's really nice.
However my mum.. eek. We have never got on, and said "if you ever get pregnant, thats it, you're dead to me". She'll disown me for definate so its just a case of waiting for the day I choose to lose my mum! lol :/ xx

We told our families over Mother's Day weekend. We put the ultrasound photo in a frame, and it had a placeholder for a small blurb of text you can insert (the frame was actually made for a sonogram photo and a cute message). We used the one it came with and it said: "Coming soon."

It took a few minutes for it to register with both of our mothers, but their reaction was priceless!

We used the photo from our 7w4d scan, but I go for my 12 week scan tomorrow, so I'm going to update it. We just scanned it and printed it at a photo-printing kiosk.

I jsut came out with it. I just said IM PREGNANT

We told everyone shortly after we found out. I was embarrassed telling my parents too, but you get over it :lol: I told my mum on FB chat last time and it didn't go so well.... This time I rang my mum and asked if she was busy, said I have some news and just blurted out 'I'm pregnant again'...

DH rang his dad and asked 'How do you feel about being a Grandpa (again)?'

Good luck!! :)

We are going to cook a father's day dinner and give both dads a grandfather tee. (looks like the god father logo but grandfather instead.)

I told my mum, a few days after we found out, nothing special, we we're in the kitchen and she said she was feeling sick and i said i was too at which point my brother said "you're not pregnant are you?" and i just said yep! he thought i was being sarcastic, we're telling my MIL this weekend by putting a screensaver of the pregnancy test on her new computer that DH just built.

I told my mom at 4 weeks! And DH told his mom at 6 weeks. It's not common knowledge or anything though, anyone we've told has been sworn to secrecy (clearly we've only told people that we know can keep a secret!).

I'm nervous about telling my parents too! They live out of the country and I'm putting together a father's day package with a little onsie that says "Do We have Clearance Clarence?" <-- It's a line from the movie Airplane (from the '70s) and since my Dad is a pilot, it's been a regular favorite in our household

But I'm super nervous! I don't really know why?

havent told them yet. will wait until after my 12 weeks scan which i get at 13 weeks

I can't wait to tell our parents. His mum goes away on the 18th for 2 weeks so will be telling them when she gets back. We've got the dads a 'Grandads Taxi' car sign and getting the mums a bib each with 'I love Ninny' and 'I love Nanna' embroided on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"