How to tell your husband you want a baby...

Hogan2019

Reaction score
Honestly, having a baby terrifies me. And why shouldn't it? But i feel as if WE are ready. We are finally in a good space, financially and in our Careers. I have been with my husband since we were 15 and 16 years old and we are not 25 about to celebrate 4 years of marriage. We occasionally bring up having babies. Every now and then, he will show me something, for example - a girl shared a photo of a transformation from a pregnancy test and no belly - to a big belly - to a baby sitting in her lap. Just says "Look!" and at first i was like at what? lol. OR shows me a video of a maternity photo shoot and just says hey look at this video with no further words or explanation.... Either way - off topic a bit.

I feel as if he hints at wanting a baby - and i try to hint back, hoping he will be the one to bring it up, but he is a man right?! I feel as if i have TERRIBLE baby fever and his step sister is currently pregnant which is making this even harder to not just SCREAM that i want a baby. I am not afraid of his reaction or answer because i think he does want it, he LOVES kids and babies and will be a wonderful father!

But how do you bring the conversation up ?? Just come out and say - I want to have a baby! I don't want him to feel obligated because all he wants to do is make me happy and i want it to be OUR choice not just something I want....

How should I start this conversation? I try to throw out little hints by sharing certain baby stuff or tagging him even. I feel as if he is waiting on me to say something but i have such bad Anxiety, I of course freak out when i am about to say it and back out. :(

How did you tell your hubby you wanted a baby? Does men have bad baby fever too? lol

PLEASE HELP ME FIND THE WORDS :(

You need to sit down and talk about it. It might not happen right away. You might need help. You have to talk about it. It's more than just sex

We talked about it way before we were married! But I think the easiest way is the old cliche - in bed, after sex, ask him if next time he’d like to do it without protection! (Don’t recommend asking before sex just in case you don’t get the response you want!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->