How to temp ??

lindak

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Silly Question but I was wondering if i wanted to start temping what is the best way ? Like do I have to buy a special kit or can i use a normal termometre ?

Hi, I'm not an expert on this as I'm only just about to start temping but I've read up on it a lot. You need a thermometer that measures your basal body temperature (you can get these off Ebay). You need to take yr temp first thing in the morning before you do ANYTHING (so basically as soon as you wake up, don't get up to go the loo, sit up or anything). Try to take yr temp at more or less the same time every day as the longer you stay in bed effects yr temp. You preferably need to have had at least 3hrs of solid sleep before you take yr temp.

A good site to record yr temps is fertilityfriend.com - you can sign up for free. This will tell you when you ovulated based on yr temps.

Hey chick

I got my thermometer and some opks from baby mad on ebay.

I would definitely recommend doing OPKs as well as temping as you won't know if you have ovulated officially until 3 days after and by then it's a bit late for :sex:.

I tend to get a + OPK then ovulate the day after according to FF. Definitley worth doing and follow the instructions as per Ellie above!

Good luck!

p.s. the babymad one has been going strong for nearly a year and it was cheap too so i would highly recommend them!! :hugs:

Hey ladies, I have been using OPK's but just thought that I would temp aswell ! I bought a digital thermometer in the Pharmacy and dont know if its ok to use ?

I think digital ones are ok - does it take the temperature like 36.52? They're ok, it's the ones that just take it to the nearest degree that aren't ok

Yep it does that ! Il start in the morning

Good luck, I've had good results temping, really helps confirm ovulation when I'm in doubt! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->