How to use OPKs

R

rach.jay

This is based purely on my experience of using OPKs. If you have gynae issues then this might not work for you.

1. Avoid using OPKs with fmu (first morning urine) as, on the morning of your surge, the test will show as negative as the LH increase does not show up in urine until at least 4 hours later (so don't waste tests in the am).

2. you test (once) every afternoon (between 12pm and 8pm) when ovulation is approaching (make sure you have at least 4 hours of pee stored and don't drink too much water).

3. once you get the +ve, dtd!!

4. if you test the next morning after your first +ve, you will still get a smiley face as the surge is still there from the day before.

5. you will probably get a +ve for 2-3 days.

6. if your first +ve test is in the morning, it is likely that your surge started the day before (hence the reason to test in the afternoon) so bd ASAP!

7. you don't need to keep testing as it is the initial positive test that is the important one

8. hopefully you will get a bfp in two weeks :)

**note re Clearblue digital ovulation tests - the instructions say you can use with fmu, you absolutely should ignore this. I tried one with fmu and got a -ve then took another at 2pm that day and got +ve. I would have missed the start of the surge if I had not re-tested that day.**

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->