How to use Progesterone while TTC?

TTCMamaof2

Reaction score
So I have been TTC for about 18 months and I have not been successful. My periods were all over the place for about a year and then I stopped having them for three months, then had one in may and now i still havent had one since. The doctors told me to get on BC pills to see if it would regulate my hormones (which they didnt bother checking), but i did not do this because I want to get preggo and im afraid taking BC will make me take steps back not forward. Oh and my boobs hurt so bad and last time I told the doctor they said it was prob just my hormones due to lack of having a period :(

Anyway...I have been on Maca Root and Vitex...I think its what made me have a period in May...and I bought Emerita Pro-Gest. If I have low progesterone it could be keeping me from getting preggo and it would stop my periods and/or make them irregular along with a bunch of other symptoms i have.

So my question is this: how do I use progesterone cream while TTC. I heard you are supposed to use it differently than the instructions because it can keep you from ovulating or mess up the egg or something? Does anyone know anything about this?

I really need help...I am so frustrated and my insurance really sucks and the doctors will not help me!! Im hoping one of you girls can give me advice.

Hey there..people take it a couple of different ways depending on what they are trying to accomplish. I took it to lengthen my luteal phase and maintain strong bbt after O as I had a short luteal phase with spotting. For me to do this correctly I had to chart my bbt (not just use opks) so I knew for certain I had O'd. 3 days past O I started using the cream until AF showed (or in my current case I gpt a bfp). Hope this helps :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->