How to wean a 1 year old boob monster?

missk1989

Reaction score
Please help me! I have been bf for just over a year and have loved it but recently have noticed that lo doesnt actually feed from me just comfort sucks really. As soon as I pick him up from nursery he wants a feed and any other time he has been away from me. Also if he is upset he wants to feed or is tired. He eats plenty solids and drinks milk at nursery although not as much at home. Im proud of how far we have come but when he feeds now he twists and turns dragging my nipples around and pinching me. Im soooo ready to wean but he really isnt. Today I tried to refuse him a feed when he was pulling at my top but he had a total meltdown and just screamed until I give in. Ive tried distracting him but this rarely works and he doesnt have set feeds a day so I cant reduce one at a time. Anyone any advice on how to deal with this? :shrug:

Can you get dad to have him more for a bit, that's how I weaned my first, he slept downstairs with him for a few weeks before moving to his bedroom (we'd previously co-slept and fed on demand!) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->