how/when to use progesterone cream after ovulation

uzmaqazi

mum of 2 princesses&Preg
Reaction score
i had a clearblue digital +ve and yesterday at 8 p.m i ovulated.(as i felt sharp pains on the left side and now -ve O test

can anyone please advise when to start progesterone cream?

and how to use it please

i have this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pro-Ges-Cr...1393334445&sr=8-1&keywords=progesterone+cream

Thanks

I have a different brand, but I can tell you what I do is use it in 2 doses spread 12 hours apart (I do 9 am and then pm) starting 1 dpo. Just make sure O is definitely confirmed as using it before O would suppress it. I apply 1/4 tsp of it each time, and put it onto areas of your body that it will absorb quickly. You should also alternate the area you apply for each dose to maximize efficacy and avoid any potential skin irritation. E.g. I put it on my inner arms in the a.m. but usually put it on my tummy or thighs in the pm. If you get a BFP, don't suddenly discontinue it because the drop in progesterone may potentially cause a spontaneous MC...I would ask your doctor about how long to continue it for and at what dosage, and they may have you ween off of it over a period of time (probably once you are through the first tri) Hope this helps!

Hey there I second everything Randapanda has said and would also encourage you to start charting your bbt to be absolutely sure when you ovulate. Opks's don't always mean you ovulate and sometime your body gears up, you test positive and even get cramps but it is still delayed for a few days for whatever reason. You probably did O but I would chart so you don't accidentally start right before O:thumbup:

I charted and started the cream 2 days after O was confirmed and as Randapanda said used it twice a day until AF came or in my current cae I got a bfp. Once you are out of first tri and your placenta takes over producing progesterone you can wean your self off the cream. Also for the record I attribute keeping this sticky bean to using the cream. At 4 weeks with liberal use after my bfp at 10 dpo my progesterone test was only 12.5! Even my RE said I would have probably had too low of levels to sustain the baby w/o it:nope:

Good luck and hope you have the same success!

Ok thank you very much...I have a short Lp only 7 days ..fingers crossed for this month

Ta

update

af came at 9dpo..i used pro cream twice a day from 1 dpo

dont know if its a matter of low progesterone or something else otherwise af would have not come today :( anyone?

I don't know...you extended your lp by 2 days in just one month...that's actually really good. I would use the cream again and maybe add vitex. Things usually take a few months to build up in your system and work, so you may not want to switch things up every month..give them a little time.

thank you..your reply gave me a little hope.

this was the 2nd month i am taking Vitex as well .will continue it from today
vitex b6 and after O i will use P cream as well

i have a opp in may so hopeful now

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back