how will i do school run?!

LovemyBubx

Mummy, Daddy & Daughter
Reaction score
DS is 6 days old, finally getting the hang of bf & feeling positive today.

But was thinking when OH goes back to work & I have to pick DD up from school (I have to walk takes 15 mins to get there plus about 5-10mins waiting & 15mins back if DD is walking properly!) & I haven't included the time to actually get out with the pram etc.

What will I do if he wants feeding on the way? There's no benches or anywhere to sit down.

Please help!

I would always aim to feed beforehand but sometimes it doesn't work like that. Curse of habing more then 1 is sometimes they have to wait.
I usually found when ds2 was a newborn was that he was more distracted/slept as soon as we went out so it may not be a problem

I think the best thing to do would be to try to allow plenty of time for a feed before you leave the house. I always found with my older two that once they were out in the pram they would go a lot longer without a feed as the motion seemed to keep them calm and most of the time they would go to sleep. Is there anywhere you could sit while you are waiting at school and feed? In my DD's playground there is a covered area with benches.

This is something I worried about, I worried how I was going to get my eldest ready if baby was going to be attatched to me for ages and she wouldnt take a bottle. I got up earlier, fed baby then put her in her bouncer to sleep, get ds up breakfast then washed and dressed. Woke baby half hour before leaving for another feed if wanted. Same with picking him up, she slept for a good while during dropp off and pick ups. I also noticed baby would go longer between feeds in the pram, carrier or car seat.

Thankyou completely forgot how soothing a ride in the pram can be, feel calmer about it now luckily OH is with me next week so can try everything out while I have his support.
:flower:

The alternative is a sling - then baby can feed as you walk. I did this with a carrier on numerous occasions.

Hi my little one is 6 months now but what I used to do was make sure I had plenty of time to feed him before I had to pick my older 2 up from school. I only live few minutes away from the school and he would always fall asleep in the pram and stay asleep longer. Dont worry im sure your be fine. x

Just feed before, hopefully you will be good. If not, I would suggest a wrap/carrier you can breastfeed in on the go.

My daughter was a week old when my son started school. It was so scary. But touch wood we haven't been late or missed a feed. I always tried to feed before I left for school. I bottle feed so a swing wouldn't of been any good for me.
Good luck these things are usually not as bad as we think :)

Another vote for making sure you feed before you go. I've had to wake the wee one more times than I can count for a feed otherwise it would have been ages before he got fed. If he was still sleepy, he'd fall back asleep once he was in the pram xx

I could have written this!
Dh started work today after a week off and it all panics me. I have it a little easier than you as I only have to walk to the corner (about 5 minutes) and back (another 5 minutes) but I have to wait for the bus and it is never on time, sometimes leaving me waiting for 10+ minutes!

We don't have a pram, just a stroller and so I don't think she's quite ready to lie in there- though truthfully I haven't tried.

I know I will feed her before our walk with ample time to ensure she's full...but how it will go? Is beyond me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->