How will I know...

mrso

Lovin my Family
Reaction score
if I am going into labor.

Will I loose my plug first, bleeding, waters breaking?

Might sounds dumb but with my son I was induced at 40 weeks and never had any symptoms of labor prior to this. I have a c-section scheduled at 39 weeks but the doctor thinks I am going to go into labor before that date. Besides contractions every 5 minutes what shoudl I be looking for?

i have wondered this 2 lol but little while ago i went to an information evening for pregnant women and the midwifes were telling us about labour and they said the majority of women have contractions which is the start of labour and only very few have their waters go first, most women have to have theirs broken for them during labour, so im jst gonna look for the tell tale contractions and start timing them lol x

My antenatal class basically said
1. mucus plug (blood-stained show) - but you may not notice
2. contractions - though watch out for Braxton Hicks
3. waters breaking - but again, you may not notice, and like Cut3ne55 said, most women have theirs broken for them whilst in labour

If they break, contact mw immediately, other than that, to contact them when contractions get to about 1 in 10 minutes and they'll tell you when to call them next (about 1 in 4 mins) when they'll get the delivery room ready and tell you to come in...

So if I loose my plug early ( i know that is can happen like weeks before) am I more likely to go into labor earlier?

its my first but i heard about this so many things...my dr told me if u bleed...feel contraction..or water breaks...or any weird pain ...just come to emergency...if u feel anything like this...just call mw...:thumbup::hugs:no body knows in this world when the baby il come...lots of good lucks and prayers for u all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->