How will you announce your pregnancy on Facebook?

I really do understand infertility as my beautiful sister in law is going through it at the moment - I am however south african living in the Uk and all my family and friends keep in touch via FB so I think to announce it to them is only fair and of course very exciting - never in my wildest dreams would I intend to hurt or offend anyone going through the most awful thing that is infertility - I send prayers and love to everyone who has lost a baby or who cannot have one xxx

I can relate, most of our family is in Britain or other parts of Canada. We use fb to stay close & connect with photos. Our cousin had troubles conceiving and when they were safely out of second tri they skyped people individually to tell of the news.

Claire I agree it's a sad thing to defriend because of this but if you look on the ltttc threads, it happens! There's a quote I love 'A true friend celebrates your success and encourages you to keep going after a loss'.

That's a lovely quote.

I am posting on April 1 with no picture, to see who thinks I am "fooling" them. On April 2 we will post an announcement that my bf will put together(haven't decided what yet).

Haha, we're waiting until April 1 too. Our families know, so it'll be fun. :)

I thought about doing this, but need to be careful for various reasons including those discussed earlier in this thread.

I think we're just going to do a selfie with me and my OH holding the scan photo xx

Just wanted to chime in on the infertile people being upset about announcements. I hope that you don't think that those who feel that way are any less of a friend, or unsupportive. We have been lttc for 5 years. I deleted my fb because every time I log on there is another announcement. It's not that i can't be happy for people. But the initial shock of the realization that most people I know are already on baby 2 or 3, and seem to have no problem building their family, while all I can pray for is the day that I can have a child with the man I love. Just a piece of advice, if you do know someone who is suffering, to break the news gently, I would pm them first. Give them time to process their feelings privately. Because we lttcers not only get heartbroken about not being able to be a part of the mom club, but we also feel guilty for feeling jealous of everyone who is in the mom club, please don't think that makes us bad people!! :)

Also be sensitive on April Fool's Day. That's an especially hard day for LTTTCers because to them it's not something to joke about. So while they might genuinely be excited for your pregnancy, announcing it on that day will cause it to get lost in the wash of jokes.

When we were LTTTC, I generally didn't mind any pregnancy announcements etc on FB because I was still very much of the mindset that it WILL happen, just a matter of when. So I wouldn't even say I was super sensitive about that stuff. But April Fool's Day REALLY bugged me.

As for how we will announce this pregnancy, after our NT scan tomorrow assuming all is healthy, we'll post a picture of DS with the scan picture. I got him this shirt: https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/prod...1&sem=false&sdReferer=https://www.google.com/ to wear in it.

My scan is on April fools day... So won't be announcing then, hate all the "I'm pregnant!!!" For everyone to jump and be like really??? Then original poster goes "Aprils fool!"

Yeh that's not even funny!!!

I tried for 3 years, with 3 losses in the mix, don't get me wrong it made me bitter that people would brag on Facebook, that it was a accident! Or there had only been together 2 minutes... And I would be like why you and not me?...

When I fell pregnant with my daughter after my losses, everyone knew my journey I had gone/going through... Once I had my scan I couldn't wait to post and everyone was sooo happy for us.

Facebook is a tricky place for sharing anything! I've seen people defriend because they friend just jumped from one job to the next job and complained about every single one, the person who un friended them, had been made redundant, couldn't find a job for over 2 years and as a result lost they home.

Yes I agree you should be mindful of others, but you should also be able to enjoy and share your pregnancy the way you wish too x

My 13 week scan is also on April fools day :( I think I am going to wait until the weekend after to announce on Facebook. I am knitting 2 pairs of white booties and will take a nice picture of them outside in front of my bump. I'm planning to use the same booties in my gender reveal, they are 100% wool so I can dye them to match the gender (or genders) of my twins.

My 13 week scan is also on April fools day :( I think I am going to wait until the weekend after to announce on Facebook. I am knitting 2 pairs of white booties and will take a nice picture of them outside in front of my bump. I'm planning to use the same booties in my gender reveal, they are 100% wool so I can dye them to match the gender (or genders) of my twins.

So cute!!!

I had a small photo shoot planned for our announcement, but my favorite portrait photographer won't be in the area until August. I am on the prowl for a replacement photographer who won't ream me on rates but will let me do things like print copies and upload to my FB.

If I can't find anyone who's okay with that, well, I'll find a friend who can take a few shots. :)

I understand how sensitive it can be on Facebook, but you can't be expected to keep the good news to yourself because one or two might be upset. I endured countless pregnancy announcements on FB while TTC, and a shocking glut of them while I was MC'ing, but never thought of unfriending anyone over them! I cried a few times, but that's not their fault. The only one I genuinely felt angry about was the one who was bragging about how she's glad she waited to TTC #2 because it happened on the first try, just like #1 did. THAT I felt was a little insensitive, but I didn't say anything. I congratulated her and let her glurge about her baby, and assured myself that it would happen for me when it was time for it to happen. :)

I honestly don't care what people on Facebook think. They can choose not to look at my baby posts, like I chose not to look at theirs in the times following my miscarriages and failing to conceive.
I live a long way from my family and school/college friends and I want to share my journey.
Also, my 3 month loss was public as I had just shared news of the pregnancy om Facebook days before I learned it failed, so I know that far more people will be thrilled for me than upset by the news.

That's really how I feel, too. I live thousands of miles from so many friends and family members, FB is really the only way we keep in touch, and I want them -- especially hubby's dad and stepmother -- to be included.

I probably wont to be honest, will obviously say baby arrived but there are so many horrible people on there plus a lot of ttc'ers who are long term ones, I am just keeping it for RL people, and you lot xx

I have a couple pics of my 16 monthold holding the test and she is crying. So i am planning on putting it up saying alana is not happy with her new promotion in nov of 2015.

Vicki

Just wanted to tell you I used your safety pin image, and everyone loved it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->