How will you announce your pregnancy on Facebook?

mamarix16

Pregnant with baby #3!
Reaction score
Hi girls! Its getting to the time (God willing) that we will be breaking the news to the world of Facebook and was wondering if anyone had any cute or ingenius ways they are going to do it? I have attached a picture I am thinking of using - we are expecting no three so I thought it was quiet cute! Anyone got any cute ideas?

Attachments

• creative-pregnancy-announcement-card-1__605.jpg
    creative-pregnancy-announcement-card-1__605.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 11
Cute!

We're having a friend take some pictures, but so far I really like a pic with our dog that'll say "Baby D guard duty starting Oct".

Im thinking of getting my son a "Im going to be a big brother" tshirt and have him wearing it and holding up the scan photos :) x

Just a scan pic hopefully very soon... In the waiting room now!

I have not done anything yet and can't decide if I am just going to wait until my next scan at 15 + 4.
The close friends family know already just no official announcement. I am a very sarcastic person and I found some sarcastic pictures online I might use to announce it.

I like your photo, the paperclips are cute!

Im doing shoes, the kids shoes together with 2 pairs of baby booties next to them.:thumbup::thumbup:

Love the pins idea! So cute :)
If all goes well at my appointment Tuesday and my ultrasound after that I will be announcing... still trying to convince DH to co-operate. He's no fun sometimes!! Going to do a series of pictures... one with my scan pic, one with our slippers and a pair of booties beside them and one with DH holding two beers and me eating (something, haven't decided yet) with the caption, Adam (DH's name) is drinking for two :)

I've got two fb, one for SANDS (stillbirth and neonatal death society) and bnb friends, I told them when a professor wrote me off and told me to stop my meds due to a poor scan at 4+6, I was upset. My other is family and friends, I will share a baby photo if this one makes it home :)

This was ours :)

https://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a589/KylaMissa22/imagejpg1_zps30e90e2a.jpg

Oh my gosh some great ideas!!!! I just cant help but pray everyday I get to the stage of being able to announce it! We havent told our other two yet and that is actually even more exciting!!!!

After my 12 week scan I'm going to get my son to open a present with an 'I'm the big brother' t-shirt and the scan picture. I'm going to film his reaction and put it on Facebook :) Could go either way haha!

I am posting on April 1 with no picture, to see who thinks I am "fooling" them. On April 2 we will post an announcement that my bf will put together(haven't decided what yet).

Aw I love the safety pin idea! So cute. I'm not sure how we'll announce on FB, probably just be boring and post the picture from our 12 week scan if all goes OK, but I'm off to have a look for something cuter :)

I think I am going to give my toddler the scan pics to hold and take a pic not sure yet !! Got another 6 weeks to go yet so I'm sure will think of some other ideas to pass the time

I want to find one of those "Bump Ahead" road signs and get a nice pic of me and DH standing under it.

Or take a pic of our two girls - Miss 6 with a sign saying 'oldest' and miss 4 with 'youngest (crossed out) middle'

I've heard of lots of my infertile friends de-friending because of the pain it's caused seeing announcements over fb. I've never been that sensitive or hurt over a friend's success but I certainly won't be doing a FB announcement. Maybe a few baby photos once the baby arrives and that's it. I don't want to rain on your parade, you have a cute idea and I think you should go with it. I wish infertility wasn't such a hurtful thing that we can't celebrate our friends successes but many ladies are effected this way. Congratulations to you and I hope you get loads of lovely comments and support from your circle on fb!

I really do understand infertility as my beautiful sister in law is going through it at the moment - I am however south african living in the Uk and all my family and friends keep in touch via FB so I think to announce it to them is only fair and of course very exciting - never in my wildest dreams would I intend to hurt or offend anyone going through the most awful thing that is infertility - I send prayers and love to everyone who has lost a baby or who cannot have one xxx

I have many friends on fb who are parents and constantly posting pictures on fb of their scans, bumps, announcements, baby photos, first day at school, Christmas, Halloween outfits etc. etc. I have never considered that they would be defriended because of their posts :(

I really do understand infertility as my beautiful sister in law is going through it at the moment - I am however south african living in the Uk and all my family and friends keep in touch via FB so I think to announce it to them is only fair and of course very exciting - never in my wildest dreams would I intend to hurt or offend anyone going through the most awful thing that is infertility - I send prayers and love to everyone who has lost a baby or who cannot have one xxx

I can relate, most of our family is in Britain or other parts of Canada. We use fb to stay close & connect with photos. Our cousin had troubles conceiving and when they were safely out of second tri they skyped people individually to tell of the news.

Claire I agree it's a sad thing to defriend because of this but if you look on the ltttc threads, it happens! There's a quote I love 'A true friend celebrates your success and encourages you to keep going after a loss'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->