How will you tell.....

RainingLove

Reaction score
We all are anxiously awaiting our BFP so I thought I would ask....

How will you be telling people about your BFP?

You significant other?

Your family?

Your friends?

Your coworkers?

Lets get ideas going, lets think about something fun during the dreaded TWW!

Your significant other?
I ordered a Canadien onesie and a bib. He loves them, and they are in the playoffs for the Stanley Cup. When they lose (or if they win.. oh, and if I get a bfp before then!!!) I say I had a gift for him in honor of his favorite team or say I finally ordered some Canadiens clothes. I'd wrap the onesie/ bib up so just the logo shows and when he unfolds it he'll see what it is.

Your family?
Probably similar on the lines of gifting something grandparent themed. My mom is ready to be a grandmother. She told my coworker today haha. So I might buy her and my stepdad matching UCLA Grandparents cups. OR I bought one for my grandmother when I was there, so when we're visiting her I might say, "So this cup needs to switch houses..." I haven't thought about his family yet. They aren't as cutesie as mine is so we might just drive there for dinner and tell them.

Your friends?
A photo collage to go on Facebook. I have a lot of pets, so SO and I will take a picture struggling to get them all in one shot. Which is a struggle when you have a ball python, two kittens, and two herding dogs. Then take one of just the two of us with the classic holding the belly and the caption, "But there's always room for one more..." with some sort of animal onesie on my stomach. I don't want to tell friends until I know the sex and/or in Tri 2.

Your coworkers?
HAH they don't get to know until next school year when I waltz on campus with a giant belly. Nothing special planned for that.

OMG I LOVE IT!!!!! From the onesie to the matching cups to the photo collage!!! You have a crazy amount of pets and a huge variety, that is so cool. I can only imagine how awesome that photo collage is going to be!!!

Seriously is so fun to me to think of how everyone will act when they find out!!! Thank you SO much for sharing! Made my day!!

I've had a miscarriage in January. I told everyone about that pregnancy, of course once it ended prematurely I had to go back and tell everyone again that I miscarried. That was unpleasant. There were people who apparently didn't get the memo, so they brought my pregnancy up again and I had to tell them about the miscarriage all over again. That was also unpleasant :(

I will probably be cautious this time and wait until the 13 week scan, just to be sure. Of course I will tell DH about it, but probably not anyone else until after the first scan. I think I will come up with a rhyme or take pics of my DD and DS playing with a big cooking pot with text across the bottom that says "Our 3rd little bun, expected to be done ____" and fill in that blank with the month of the EDD

Lock - I had a similar situation in December when I announced baby #2 due to arrive on our Christmas Cards that we mailed to everyone. It was unpleasant having to tell everyone that we had mc'ed but I did receive an outpouring of support, which was also nice.
I would love to wait until after the 12 wk scan to tell anyone next time (besides hubby of course) that is, if I can hide the bloated belly!

I always think I want to tell hubby in a special way or do something cute, but I always end up just blurting it out. He knows my cycles well by now and he will ask if I let it go too long, anyway!

Coworkers will find out when I start looking pregnant (they all know I'm trying because of the Christmas Card fiasco).

Parents - probably nothing special. Just will tell them like we did last time, since they have all been through 2 mc's with us already.

I am the same way, I would like to tell DH in a special or unique way, but like you I will most likely just blurt it out. I am rubbish at keeping secrets from him.

I am so sorry for your losses :hugs: I hope you both get your BFPs and sticky babies SOON!

Oh my gosh thank you for sharing!!! It is so fun to hear the ideas!!! I find it so cute that you are so excited that you just end up blurting it out. It's just such exciting news!!! Who wouldnt want to blurt it out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->